Thread: Bichons in snow pants with bib

Bichons in snow pants with bib

My dogs must really think they have the nuttiest HuMom in the whole world. We've just come in from a 15 minute walk around the block, to test out the snow pants. The snow has turned to rain, and all 5 of us are DRENCHED!

I took a few photos in the house before we left. I put the harnesses over the bib, for the girls, and under the bib for Willy. Now I know the harness works best over the bib.

Tasha looks good in the house, but she has short legs and quickly 'stepped out' of the pants. I can see how to fix that with a few quick stitches on either side, so she is set.

Belle really needs a smaller size. I made these work by putting elastic bands around her back paws at the 'ankle.'

Here they are lined up at the door ready to leave. Willy is in blue, Belle is next to him. Tasha is front and Riley is on the right --- and looking very sorry for herself.

Tasha -- you can see she has got her legs out of the pants -- and Belle. Belle settled in to these and got along fine.

Tasha steppin' out! And Belle

Belle is already ignoring the pants and enjoying her walk.

Willy and Belle

Just 3 or 4 more!

Belle

Willy and Belle

Here is a short video.

http://youtu.be/dTyyWhRWrgE

They are all tuckered out, sleeping. Riley has gone to bed (the big bed aka 'my' bed). The other 3 are here on the sofa with me.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks for sharing, interesting to see how well they did - or didn't work!
    I've Been Frosted

They are so precious. <3
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Those snow pants are so cute, as are the fluffs!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Freedom you must have the best dressed Bichon's that I ever did see. Love those hot pink and shiny blue snow pants. They don't sell anything with legs attached here, wish they did.
    Great pictures, I had just finished looking at the others you posted, always enjoy your pictures. Lucky little dogs , they found the greatest home for sure.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

They are so cute! Thanks for posting.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    The fluffs look so cute & fashionable in their snow pants. Thank you for sharing.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Great!! You sure do dress your fluffs nicely. I ALWAYS enjoy photos of your crew. A few times I put a coat on LilGirl so she wouldn't be so cold when we went for bathroom walk but poor thing was traumatized by coat & never did "go" while wearing coat LOL. It might work with Sissy but she doesn't get cold the way LilGirl does. Back to you and yours, they are adorable and so lucky to have a wonderful home with you. Are you expecting more snow today?? TV keeps saying huge snow storm expected up north..... Kay in NC

I enjoy reading all your replies, thank you!

As I was thinking about these 'pants,' this occurred to me: their "privates" are still exposed! So with the deep snow we have, BRRR!!!! no point in putting on the pants, ha haaa. Of course you want the area exposed so they can take care of business.

Kay, we have had such strong winds, there are drifts. I have grass in parts of my front yard, a 5 foot drift in part of my back yard. Snow will complete to accumulate till about 10 PM.