Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angel has some ouchies

Angel has some ouchies

Axel was walking Angel this afternoon and a strange dog was in the yard. Before the boy could react, Angel was off and after the other dog. When she came back she was bleeding from a cut on her hindquarter.

She's at the vet now getting stitches.

Dear vet techs:

You have a strange dog, in a strange place, who's hurt in the rear quarter. I understand you need a general wellness survey, but given the situation, did you REALLY think it was wise to try to take her temp?
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Uh oh, Angel pup! I hope you feel much better soon!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Angel, we know you feel the need to defend your yard, but next time, some great big barks will do the job just as well, I bet! We hope they stitch you up nice and clean, and when you wake up, you will already be on the road to recovery!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post

You have a strange dog, in a strange place, who's hurt in the rear quarter. I understand you need a general wellness survey, but given the situation, did you REALLY think it was wise to try to take her temp?
    Paul asked, "Why don't they use one of those "swipe thermometers"? They are advertised specifically for pets!
    I've Been Frosted

We're home, disoriented and groggy from anesthesia, but home.

Her hind quarter is pretty well bruised in addition to the lacerations, and the tip of our tail is shaved as there was a cut there as well. The rest of the pack is on puppy watch, sleeping in the livingroom as she can't sleep in her usual places.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    We're home, disoriented and groggy from anesthesia, but home.

Her hind quarter is pretty well bruised in addition to the lacerations, and the tip of our tail is shaved as there was a cut there as well. The rest of the pack is on puppy watch, sleeping in the livingroom as she can't sleep in her usual places.
    Awww, hope the night passes peacefully, and I am afraid she may have to wear her coat tomorrow, as her body has suffered major trauma. Sending prayers her way, oh, Angel, you sure know how to scare your humans, pretty girl! I'd give you a snuggle if I could, maybe your boy will give you one for me?
    I've Been Frosted

Poor Angel. Pawsitive thoughts and prayers headed your way that you will heal quickly.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I guess the doctor's orders don't apply to pups! So far, our dear little goofus has jumped up on my bed twice and has jumped up onto the couch and is currently curled up there. Go to sleep, little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Human View Post
    I guess the doctor's orders don't apply to pups! So far, our dear little goofus has jumped up on my bed twice and has jumped up onto the couch and is currently curled up there. Go to sleep, little girl!
    Awwww, how sweet. We need a picture of her sleeping all curled up!
    I've Been Frosted

Long story short, we didn't want our picture taken.

Important Message:
    Never ever leave your already stressed puppy inside with other people if you are his/her favorite person home. They will come looking for you.

All dogs should come with a warning label that says this. Angel did this to mom and Axel this morning. I had gone out to shovel a pittle area so someone wouldn't freeze our bum off in the snow, therefore leading to the first time she jumped up onto my bed. I was informed this shortly after I came in.
    Sigh..........

Quote Originally Posted by Angel's Human View Post
    Important Message:
    Never ever leave your already stressed puppy inside with other people if you are his/her favorite person home. They will come looking for you.

All dogs should come with a warning label that says this. Angel did this to mom and Axel this morning. I had gone out to shovel a pittle area so someone wouldn't freeze our bum off in the snow, therefore leading to the first time she jumped up onto my bed. I was informed this shortly after I came in.
    Sigh..........
    Awwww, but at least she is able to do it, even if she's not supposed to! That means there likely was not too much muscle damage, and we already knew she'd pay very little attention to the bruising!
    I've Been Frosted

Poor pup, no more picking fights!

I know a temperature seems silly, but I know here in FL it's actually by law that we have to get a temperature, pulse, and respiration on every animal that walks in the door. Trust me, it's the last thing we want to do on an upset patient!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

The more I listen to Axel's chain of events, the more I'm convinced it wasn't another dog, rather, it was a coyote.

Given that I'm going to assume it was a coyote, I'm thankful he lost control of the leash, and also thankful that the pup did her job.

As to the attempts to take her temp, there are, shall we say, less invasive methods of taking a pup's temp than a thermometer shoved...

Technology has advanced, guys. The instruments may be more expensive, but they also involve no consumables, as there's no contact with a pet with an IR thermometer.

Well, all I know is, I was enjoying sitting on the loveseat with a puppy on my hip all day. It was very warm and toasty.

I am also thankful that the boy let go of the leash and that the pup was able to come back to the house on her own. It could have been a lot worse than it was. And I have one very boy who is very happy his puppy is home and feeling better.
    RIP Lady, Thursday's won't be the same without you to cuddle with by the fire