Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please remove me from Linkedin

Please remove me from Linkedin

Someone put me on Linkedin using my real name which you should not do on the internet. I cannot take it off myself as I do not know the sign in and password.
    PLease take me off ASAP , I do not need my name and any other information out in cyber space.
    Thank You.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Gary are you sure it it you that is on linkedin?

Also linkedin populates their site/server with peoples' names from the web. How to sign in in deactivate I do not know.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

How do you know it is you? If you have ever emailed anyone who has since created a LinedIn account, Linked in will send you an email, saying something like "Gary Watts wants to connect with you on Linked In. It does not mean you have an account, just that you once sent an email to Gary Watts, and he let Linked-In mined his contact list. It does not mean you have an account there.
    I've Been Frosted

I just used my LinkedIn to find Catmandu. I don't think anyone can delete his account except him.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

He didn't create the account, so he doesn't know the password and can't delete it.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Is there a contact email for LinkedIn so they can delete the account?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

There is Candace , but for the life of me I cannot understand what I am supposed to do.
    I will try again with someone who can read computerese.
    I guess if that is all they have is my name, they can do no harm.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

There isn't a contact e-mail address or phone number. They just have a lot of "Help" links.

I went to the one about how to close your account, and it gives all the detailed instructions of what to do.. assuming you have your own password-created page. At the end it said "Was this helpful?" and FINALLY a form space you could fill in with why it wasn't helpful!

I just filled that in describing the problem and sent it off. I'll let you all know what response I get (if anything).

(I'm not exactly crazy about LinkedIn.)
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Are you *sure* it is you? I know there are several people online with my "real name", maiden and married. If they are posing as you, and you did not create the account, contact linkedin and explain the situation, tell them it is a fake profile impersonating you, and they should not give you a problem about removing it.

facebook

It just has his name and then under it "Canada."
    Death thought about it.

Thank You for that Pat.
    I am just confused as to why my real name was used as I never use it on the computer.

I hope that LinkedIn can remove it for you, Gary. I have had, and with my name likely will continue to have, similar trouble on social networking. It's primarily an annoyance but also slightly unnerving.

Zimbabwe 07/13

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    Thank You for that Pat.
    I am just confused as to why my real name was used as I never use it on the computer.
    Because you are on someone's mailing list somewhere that go input into a computer! Yes, even snail mail lists tend to be stored on computers, and can get hacked!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Because you are on someone's mailing list somewhere that go input into a computer! Yes, even snail mail lists tend to be stored on computers, and can get hacked!
    Or someone else in Canada also shares his name... it happens more often than you'd think.

Although it's so... funny?... how our private/personal information is never private.

facebook

I am a worrier by nature and with Scrappy Two not eating well and my foot I have a lot to worry over.I just pray that nothing comes of this.