Thread: Heroic cat finds baby abandoned in a box, crawls in to keep him warm

Heroic cat finds baby abandoned in a box, crawls in to keep him warm

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/heroic-cat...153347500.html

• Yahoo Canada News/CEN -

This cat found an abandoned baby on the street and climbed into the box he had been dumped in to keep him warm

A long-haired tabby cat has been hailed a hero after finding an abandoned baby on the street and climbing into the box he had been dumped in to keep him warm.
    The compassionate cat then raised the alarm by mewing to draw attention to the baby in the city of Obninsk, western Russia.
    Local resident Irina Lavrova, 68, had gone to throw out some garbage when she heard Masha the cat calling loudly near the apartment block.
    The stunned pensioner could not believe her eyes when she saw the baby boy lying amongst the trash in a box with Masha next to him.
    She said: "Masha is a communal cat who everyone takes turns in looking after.
    "She is very placid and friendly so when I heard her mewing I thought that perhaps she had injured herself because normally she would have come and said hello to me.
    "You can imagine my shock when I saw her lying in a box next to a baby. Clearly her mothering instincts had taken over and she wanted to protect the child.
    "He was well-dressed with a little hat and whoever left him here had even left a few nappies and some baby food."
    After calling an ambulance the three-month-old toddler was taken to hospital where he was given a check up and declared fit and healthy.
    A hospital spokesman said: 'The baby had only been outside for a few hours and thanks to Masha and the child’s clothing he was not damaged by the experience.'
    Now local residents have hailed Masha as a hero.
    OAP Irina said: "Everyone in the block is very proud of her and we have all spoilt her rotten by giving her her favourite food."
    A police spokesman said they were looking into the case and would try and find the baby’s mother.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, what a good kitty! That child will live to grow up and spoil a kitty of his own someday, I bet!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Oh my, Masha needs an Oscar! We are so glad the child was rescued safe and sound, how wonderful.

That just goes to show how compassionate our Cats are. A cat mother would never abandon a Kitten , unless it was sick and would not live.
    Why would they just leave a baby when they could put the little one where someone would find her.
    That is cruel and Our Cats would not do that to their young.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS