Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for little Harry

Please pray for little Harry

I would like to ask for everyone's prayers today.

Last September I was contacted by a local rescue to take in a kitten who they thought had CH (cerebral hypoplasia). When I got him he was just over 1 lb (at 3.5 months) and he was sick. He had his first seizure and it turned out that he had an URI and an ear infection. He had one more seizure during the month he was on anti-biotics. He was fine until about 2 weeks ago when he developed another URI. I took him to the vet on Dec 24 and he was put on Azithromycin, but that wasn't working. On Jan 2, I took him back to the vet and he was put on Orbax. Saturday morning he had a seizure, so I took him back to the vet and he was given an injection of Convenia (long acting anti-biotic) and it seemed to be working. Then Sunday night he started seizing again. Between Sunday night and Monday supper he had 7 seizures. The last night he had a cluster seizure (meaning that he couldn't stop seizing). I took him to the emergency very about 10 minutes from my home. They were able to stop the seizing by sedating him.

I talked with the vet this morning and they are starting to do some preliminary diagnostics on him. None of the options are particularly good but some are better than others:
    • It could be an infection that has passed into his brain
    • It could be a liver shunt
    • It could be a brain abnormality (not CH)

He is still sedated, with low blood pressure and sugar, and high liver results. They say this maybe pointing to a liver shunt, but this is a REALLY rare condition in cats (especially this young). But it is treatable with medical management and surgery (when he is bigger). They will do an abdominal ultrasound to determine if this is the case.

If he has a brain infection, he isn't strong enough right now for them to do a spinal tap, but he could be started on other anti-biotics that will pass through into the brain.

If he has an abnormality other than CH the only thing I might be able to do is put him on seizure meds. But if he has cluster seizures I am not sure I would want to do that.

Little Harry is in my prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blessings and prayers for little Harry's recovery.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Harry is in our thoughts and prayers.
    Angels, please surround Harry with your healing light.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

He is in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

purrayers for precious Harry. Sometime CH cats do have seizures. Hopefully they can be controlled.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

We are all saying our prayers and sending warm healing energies and white light to dearest little Harry.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

update

He didn't make it

The clinic was good enough to keep him alive until I made it to the office (about 10 minutes away). He died in my arms.

He never woke up at the office so he never knew what was happening. The last thing he knew was that he was curled up sleeping on my chest, he went into a seizure and never awoke again.

God speed little Prince Harry you were much to young to leave us

Awww, sweet little Harry. I am sure Phred will be very happy to greet you at the Rainbow Bridge. Gentle hugs to your caring meowmie, too (((HUGS))) I am so sorry.

Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, poor little guy - I'm so sorry, but he's at peace now.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awww, I will move this to Cat Memorial. Rest in peace, little Harry. You were loved a lot while you were here, more than some kitties get in a whole lifetime.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry. Rest in peace, little Prince Harry, so full of love and so beloved, now a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRS~~~~ to you, Cheryl.

Last edited by phesina; 01-07-2015 at 05:17 AM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Goodnight sweet Prince Harry. Play hard at the Bridge little one, healthy and whole again.

I'm so sorry to hear about your Prince Harry. GodSpeed to the Bridge.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Precious Prince Harry ~ Look for my Prince William. He will be a good big brother to you and show you the ways over the rainbow bridge.
    Gentle hugs to those who are grieving him tonight.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.