Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat drinks out of a toilet??

Cat drinks out of a toilet??

Do any of yall have a cat that will drink out of a toilet?? Dutchess seems to enjoy doing that. I tell my husband that it is dangerous for her to do this but he says nawww he is proud of her. It is funny to see her jump up on the toilet seat and bend down to drink the water. I will try and get a picture of this.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Some of the cats at my parents house do this, if someone forgets to put down the lid.

I always close the lid of my toilet because I use those self cleaning tabs that make the water blue and I'm sure that can't be good for either my dog or cat to drink.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Tibby likes to drink out of the toilet. I try to remember to put the lid down because sometimes she falls in, but sometimes i forget. But I'm not really too concerned with her drinking the water because I don't use any cleaning tabs or anything like that in it. But when I clean it I make sure that the lid is closed for the next 2 days so that there isn't any cleaner in the water.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

My cats do it.
    Of course, I don't use any of those chemical things in there.

Of our 4 cats, a couple drink out of the toilet very rarely. One toilet is kept closed because of the cleaner, one is kept with just plain water. I find it odd at times, that our cats will drink from the dog's water bowl.
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

You mean like this?

Tubby and Peanut have used the toilet since day one, and there's nothing I can do to stop them. I've put water out everywhere for them and they insist on using the toilet, so I don't put the lid down anymore. Tubby is really the kind of the toilet though. Peanut drinks out of it now and then, but Tubby is in there every morning, and usually when I need to use it. As long as the toilet is clean - with no chemicals - I don't see a problem with it, but that's probably because it hasn't been a problem for me for the last 16 years.

Oh, and I'm such a mean mommy. One time, when Tubby was just a kitten, I just couldn't resist.....yes.....I ever so gently bumped him just enough......he wasn't too thrilled and didn't come out of hiding until he was completely dry. MEAN MOMMY!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Out of my gang, Joxer just loves to drink out of the toilet. Especially if he can come in from outside so that he can leave muddy pawprints on the seat

Oh, and I'm such a mean mommy. One time, when Tubby was just a kitten, I just couldn't resist.....yes.....I ever so gently bumped him just enough......he wasn't too thrilled and didn't come out of hiding until he was completely dry. MEAN MOMMY!
    Heehee you are mean. I'm always tempted to do that to Tibby, but she's so clumsy that she falls in there on her own pretty often. But my mean thing is I don't like them getting in my bathtub, somehow they always manage to leave little muddy pawprints in the tub. So when I see them jump in I turn on the shower head, they don't like that very much. Once I filled up the tub about a quarter full. Then watched them jump in the tub, oh boy they didn't like that at all.
    I've been Defrosted!

Look familiar? I used to let Gigi drink out of the toliet(no chemicals)...but they'd play in the water to. After one too many times of sitting down on a wet seat, I keep the lid down.

Tiff and the ever expanding krewe
    Scout, Gigi, & Bixby -the kitties
    Rory, Lola, Jax, Max, & Lulu -the ferrets

My cat, Lilly, also loves to drink out of the toilet. Her favorite "water bowl", however, is our swimming pool. I always have to watch her, because I'm afraid she might fall in again! She can swim, if she wants to, (she fell in once before and swam to the side - I was amazed she ever went back there to drink again!!), but she'd rather not get wet - after all, she is a cat!!

I always keep the lid down.

Bo fell into our pool once. It was weird. It wasn't open yet (drained down below the return lines) but we had taken the cover off. I don't know how he managed to fall in, but he has never been a graceful cat. I started to go in after him because I didn't think he'd be able to get out because the water was so low, but he got out- fast!

Chinadoll Gigi is so cute! I LOVE seeing pictures of Gigi, and she just looks so adorable drinking out of the toilet.
    I've been Defrosted!

Gross but cute pics!

We leave our toilet seats down so they don't drink out of there. But all four of them wait for us to finish showering, and they jump in the shower stall (like that classic shower photo of Edwina) and drink the wet water. Whatever turns them on I guess
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Originally posted by Miss Meow
    But all four of them wait for us to finish showering, and they jump in the shower stall (like that classic shower photo of Edwina) and drink the wet water. Whatever turns them on I guess
    Zam does this. Most mornings she's perched on the tub side between the shower curtains and just as I shut off the faucet, she's in lapping up the water.

Kia looks at her like she's nuts.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Personally, I do not know of a cat that doesn't like to drink from a toilet. I know all of mine would, if I didn't keep the lid closed. I think it reverts to their natural way of drinking when their ancestors were in the wild.

........wayne