Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I adopted 2 furkids this morning.

Such Happy news (pun intended!)

It is very exciting to have new babies to make the holidays even more special. How old are they?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Congratulations on having such an accepting family who welcome the two new new kids into their loving home. I am so sorry for the loss of your others. Hopefully this is the end of such sadness for a long time.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Hi,

Congrats on the new "kids" I was thinking you should probably keep them separated from your crew for a long time until you are positive none of your other cats were exposed to Feline Leukemia. I don't mean to sound insensitive or anything but I'd hate to see the new kitties become exposed. I am very sorry for your loss.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Congratulations! I do wish them happy and healthy life!!!
    Please be careful with the infectious disease tho, My cousin had a cat that died of FLV and she waited almost 2 mos before getting Lissi and Cali.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Thanks all, for your support and concern. The ones that were adopted have been vaccinated for distemper and FeLV and I have cleaned up the house since the others have gone. Vet said that the virus that causes FeLV does not live long away from a host. However, the distemper is more persistant. I did not mention their ages. Happy is about 1-1/2 years old and the Russian Blue is supposedly about 7 mos. old. (I am thinking of naming her "Puma" because she looks so much like a mountain lion, especially this morning when she discovered the cat tree!) But because of the slow maturation of the Russian Blues, she could be older. She has emerald green eyes, with a few faint tabby marks on her tail.

Tiara is a little unsure of Happy. This morning when I sat in my chair with a cup of coffee, she came and laid in my lap, but got up and moved immediately (after happy cat climbed on board also), when Happy saw Tiara getting scritchies, and he wasn't. I suppose it is a matter of time before they both will lay in my lap.

Happy slept with me on the bed last night, although Puma is still a little afraid of the hisses she encounters. But I did manage to get her to lay next to me on the covers after midnight. I heard her sneezing, and wanted her to sleep on the electric blanket. As soon as she did, her sneezing stopped.

........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 12-21-2002 at 06:57 AM.

Congratulations Wayne!!! SOunds like a few new furkids around is just what is needed to heal the loss of those at RB. Can't wait to see pics!!!

Congrats on your new additions Can't wait to see pictures of them
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

I just read the other thread about your 4 babies...and I just wanted to say that I am so sorry. I hope that you find lots of comfort in your 2 new furbabies and that they will be a blessing for you. Meanwhile, I will keep you in my thoughts.

Thats great news. I hope they are all geetting along. How many cats do you have in all?

Wayne, congrats on your 2 new additions. I'm so glad that they are able to comfort you during this sad time. I'd also love to see pics of them.

Congratulations for adopting two needy furbabies for the Christmas/Solstice season. Hopefully the new cats will help you heal from the loss of your other ones.

Hugz,

Alice

Lando, now that I have adopted "Christmas cat" yesterday, there are total of 10 furkids to care for. I suppose that having only 7 left after losing the other 4, just wasn't enough. So in total I adopted 3 more.

.........wayne

Originally posted by lut

Congratulations on your new fur-kids , Wayne !! i am so happy you did the same thing i did after the loss of a cat : make others happy !!
    I couldn't agree more!

THats great Wayne!!!!!!!!