Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I adopted 2 furkids this morning.

I adopted 2 furkids this morning.

After arriving at the shelter at about 11:00 AM, I took the little Russian Blue cat. I have named her "Puma". She looks like another lovable kittty. However, she sneezes a lot. The keeper, Laurie, said that until she stops her sneezing that I should not get her spayed. Since I do not have any un-neutered males in the house, there is no problem with her being un-spayed. As soon as I walked into the room where she was, she began meowing for me to pick her up and reaching out of her cage to me with her front paws, as though she was waiting for me to return for her. This morning I knew that she would be with me in her "forever home".

Also, I adopted the little cat that wants to nurse all the time. I have named him "Happy cat", because he has done nothing but PURR since I placed him in the truck. He is another Flame Point Siamese, snow-white with a pale-brown tail, muzzle and ears with blue eyes. When I went to his cage, I do not believe that he knew I wanted him. After opening the cage and pulling him out, he really came to life. I suppose that my adopting him came as a total surprise to him. My other furkids have not fought with them. When I brought them both home I left them in their carriers, to see how the others would accept them. Needless to say, they were out and exploring the house about 10 minutes after bringing them in! Fawn will hiss once in a while, but that is to be expected of him. Happy is a perfect lap kitty, because he willingly lays in my lap (and begins to nurse). There are wet spots on my blue shirt now.

These two have certainly been a healing influence after loosing my 4 furkids Wed. and Thur.

There is one more that I plan to get, that being an orange tabby, on Sunday.

It never ceases to amaze me about the variations in cat personalities, Happy is like no other cat I have had in the past and have now. Puma is a little unsure of herself and insecure, and therefore, is not as open as she will be in the near future. I figure it will take about 10 days for her to become more accustomed to this place and her new family, so I can observe her personality traits developing. It is difficult for me to understand why some folks willingly give up furkids who are so affectionate. I do not know how long the shelter has had Happy cat, but I'm sure that those folks who came in before me, overlooked a very affectionate furkid. Both of them follow me around the house, just like Nikolai used to do.

..........wayne
    Last edited by wayne0214; 12-23-2002 at 12:23 PM.

Lucky, lucky kitties, and lucky, lucky you! Congratulations on your new babies!
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

Wayne, I am so happy for you that you decided to adopt some new members into your family. They are an early Christmas present to yourself I hope they help heal everyone (both human and furry).

Cheryl

Congratulations on your new fur-kids , Wayne !! i am so happy you did the same thing i did after the loss of a cat : make others happy !!

Congratulations!! What a wonderful holiday present. And a Russion Blue- I love those.

Congratulations on your two new additions.

I'm sure they will help heal yours and your furbabies hearts.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Congrats..

Congrats Wayne..You must post some pictures of them soon. They both sound adorable.
    "Happiness Is Owning A Human!"

Visit Dutchess & Yum Yum's Website Pleassee:

http://pepeirce.tripod.com/thekittycorner

Congrats on getting some new additions to your family. Thank you so much for opening up your home and your heart by bringing in these kitties that need you. These cats are very lucky to be adopted by you where they will have so much love.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Wayne,

I hope your new babies can fill part of the void in your home, and the sadness can be replaced with joy. You saved two lives.
    Congratulations.

Congrats Wayne! I hope those kitty-babies help comfort you in your time of loss.

Wonderful news! They both sound like treasures! I am glad they are getting along and are happy.

Pictures??
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

OH congratulations!! That's so wonderful that these 2 precious kitties now have a loving home!! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with them!!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Congratulations! They say not to adopt a new animal after losing one, but I disagree. The new animal doesn't take the place of the other one, but gives you something else to focus on and makes you remember the good times with the cat who has passed on.

Congrats on the new additions!

I waited two months after I lost Boo (in 1996) before I got Abby, but I was so much happier after I got her. It really helps in the healing process to have another furball to love.

What a wonderful Christmas gift you have given these beautiful kitties! And what a wonderful gift they have returned to you! All that love!!! I'm so sorry to learn of your great loss Wayne. Not many would be able to open their hearts again so soon after such saddness. Thank you for your selfless act of compassion and rescue. And I know these precious souls will help your heart heal as well. Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful fur family, Wayne! {{{hugs}}} Sanrdra, Mr. B and Oliver

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~