Thread: Marvelous Max

Marvelous Max

What a handsome boy you are, Max! You help prove to everybody that there are perfectly beautiful purebred dogs like you are available a rescue dogs, even though some people think only "unwanted" or "damaged" mixed breeds are available for adoptions. There is no mistaking your handsome looks for being anything other than German Shepherd, and we are glad your people adopted you! You are such a smart boy that you are already learning your name, and loving your family!. We are glad your humans adopted you as an adult, too! Now you can concentrate on finding out that you can eat your food from your bowl, no one else is going to try to take it from you. But we are glad you have favorite toys already, and are already bringing joy to your family every day! Congratulations, it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

You're gorgeous Max!!! I love GSDs! It sounds like you're a lot of fun.

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope you have a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Max

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    In every picture you are smiling. Happy to be in your loving forever home.
    Sounds like you fit in perfectly. As smart as you are, you will quickly learn
    your name and anything else they teach you.
    Celebrate your special day. Your life is now much better.

Such a sweetie

What a cutie pie! And how wonderful that you were selected for your forever home as an adult. I just love that face! Hope you get lots of soft treats today to celebrate your special day.

HI Max. I grew up with German Shepherds and know how wonderful they are! You are a sweet boy and I'm so glad you found a loving home. Happy DOTD
    Adopt a shelter pet, Save a life!

I had a German Shorthaired Pointer who liked to be around me when he ate, too. His bowl was in the kitchen but if I was in the living room watching television he'd bring a mouthful in, drop it on the floor and eat while watching me watch tv. I sure do miss that guy. RIP Buster, it was a long, fun 15+ years.

I hope Max brings you a lifetime of memories.

Hello Max, it's a pleasure to meet such a handsome dog! How wonderful that you now have a forever home. If I read the article correctly, you were just adopted on Dec 12 of THIS year and still learning your name. I'm sure you are very intelligent and will know your name very soon. I hope you have many happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

Marvelous Max!

Hi Max! Happy Dog of the Day!!!

What a beautiful GSD you are, Max, and clearly one very, very happy pup at that! Can't help noticing that big smile in each and every heart melting photo! You may have had a sad, sad start at life, but now, in the loving arms of your forever humans, you're finally living the happy, carefree, love filled life you always deserved! Enjoying leisurely, long hikes along those beautiful trails, meeting up with friends at the park, playing with your beloved purple duck, enjoying a nice, long nap... It doesn't get much better than that! But of course on the top of that list of "bests" is being loved unconditionally by your family, right Max? And though you've only been with your family a short while you've already taken your rightful place in their hearts! How far you've come since your homecoming, sweetheart; learning your name, mastering commands, settling in with fur sister Katt, becoming more confident and comfortable with each passing day! Ahhh, life is good!!!

We're so grateful to Big and Small Rescue in Vancouver, British Columbia, for giving you a 2nd chance, to your forever family for opening their home and hearts to one most deserving doggie! As has been said, you're living, loving proof of the priceless rewards of going the rescue route, the "adult dog" rescue route at that!

How lucky your family is, having a beautiful, gentle and loving best furkid in you, Max! And just think, your wonderful, new life has only just begun, with countless more happy memories to be made! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, and to you and your family, wishes for a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy year to come! (You know Santa Paws is going to spoil you rotten!) Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Max, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Max is the most brilliant DOTD! Such a looker too.

Handsome, hunky Max! What a gorgeous guy you are! Yes, I definitely see your smile and I like it very much! How wonderful that you have a loving, forever home full of adventures (going for a walk, going to the dog park) and love (taking a nap in your own space, herding your people, and working with your family to learn your dog skills)! You are smart and I'm sure you will have all your skills mastered in no time at all! Happy Dog of the Day to most handsome GSD Max!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

That's our boy

This is my first time writing on this. Max is our boy and Dog of the Day today. I did not think to click on the discussion about him thinking that nobody would. My husband clicked on it and we read so many thoughtful comments. People were genuinely touched by his story. I am sure if I had read it and not been involved, it would have touched me too. I am so thrilled to be a part in this beautiful story full of love, gratitude, second chances, and blessings in great abundance. Merry Christmas to ALL of you animal lovers out there!