Thread: Not the season to be sick...

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens

Not the season to be sick...

I'm fine - so far anyway - but the other 2 adults here are making me think about packing up and taking Wolfy with me - and become vagabonds till Spring.

Son has a nasty sinus infection - looks and feels miserable - and is acting the same as well.

Son's GF is even worse. She has asthma pretty bad and was coming down with "something"" too, but elected to not go to the doctor. She's a certified EMT and you know how that goes - kinda like - physician, heal thyself. She went to work yesterday as usual and she does a lot of walking (works at Amazon Distr Cntr), and aggravated the issue to the breaking point. She ended up not being able to breathe, and was carried out on a stretcher to a waiting ambulance and transported to the ER which had been notified and was waiting for her. Anyway - make a long story short - after tests and treatments - she was found to have a lung infection. That - on top of her asthma - did not make a good combination. She's home today and doing better - but really looks like crap! So instead of a $20 doctor visit and $$ for some meds a few days ago when this started, she now will be seeing a bill for a pricey ambulance ride, and the ER/physician/med/tests//treatments,etc.

Maybe we should have the house fumigated to get rid of all the nasty "stuff" floating around in here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh my, glad to learn she is home. Drop the temp in the house, it needs to be cool. Add some zinc supplements to help boost your immune system. And maybe wear a face mask when you are near them? You could always decorate it for the season!

Be well, Ellie!

Currently battling a sinus infection myself, so tell Son I can sympathize! I need to get better fast, Messiah Sing is this weekend!
    I've Been Frosted

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Thank you Sandie for a great idea - of the gag variety - a decorated mask. I'm thinking of all kinds of possibilities here - itty-bitty ornaments, sparkly snowflakes, a tiny wreath.............all these things I could pick up at a dollar store.

And the house is always cool too - never higher than 68 when in the heat mode (not for the a.c. tho - BRRRRR). If we set it any lower, I'll have icicles hanging from my nose. Oh - how about some of the little icicles for the mask, too?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

When I saw the title of your post I thought you were the one down with a bug-- so glad you're still up and about although I do sympathize with your son and the GF... she should have stayed home from work and rested, pushing the limits sure did her in.
    So you're the nursemaid for this round--- Hang in there Pom, I'm hoping everyone will be on the road to recovery by Christmas...
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----