Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UPDATE post#13/First "real" scare with Wolfy...

Hooray!!!! Glad to see this news.

Willy is my foodie, he will find a way to get to it. The girls here are much better about waiting for an offer from me.

Well done, being on top of things, Ellie!

Great news Pom-glad everything checked out good. Wolfie was put out by the blood take but that won't cure him of the "Foodies" , he just thought he met a nasty little lady ...
    I have a couple of those Foodies here so I really watch if I drop something they shouldn't touch...little barracudas they are.
    Those fur friends sure like to make us worry sometimes...but they're worth it.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Blog Entries
    It is good to hear that Wolfy has passed his tests even with the stinky eye for the Vet.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Great to hear Wolfy is ok!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Some dogs - especially larger ones, can be fine with grapes in limited quantities - my Great Uncle Mac's Border Collie, Molly, would leap to catch one 6 feet into the air. But raisins are, of course concentrated, and Wolfy, for all his fluff, has so little mass to him that it is scary!
    From what I've read up on this, a dogs size is not the issue. They say it can affect one dog and not another.

Say Layla (75#)might eat one grape and become very sick and Jake (40#) could eat ten and have no problem at all.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I just saw this thread. Of course you were concerned. I'm so glad Wolfy is ok. I've never thought about dogs and grapes or raisins but I will from now on. Have a good new year,

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    The Hungry Hippo tried to snatch a Tootsie Roll midgie when I dropped one on the floor yesterday. Maybe I should muzzle him????? Just kidding of course.

My son hit the nail on the head, when he said that Wolfy ACTS like a street dog that had to scavenge for his food. If I didn't know better, then I would agree - but he came from a home where he was very well treated and cared for. He just LOVES food above all else - then comes belly rubs, and then comes me.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have two of those, always ready to clean up the floor if I drop something... what really scares me is when I drop one of my meds... I have to tell them to stay out of the kitchen till I find it and pick it up... at least I must sound serious or they just know that sound is the kind that freaks me out and they better listen...
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    The Hungry Hippo tried to snatch a Tootsie Roll midgie when I dropped one on the floor yesterday. Maybe I should muzzle him????? Just kidding of course.

My son hit the nail on the head, when he said that Wolfy ACTS like a street dog that had to scavenge for his food. If I didn't know better, then I would agree - but he came from a home where he was very well treated and cared for. He just LOVES food above all else - then comes belly rubs, and then comes me.
    Some dogs are just born that way! The Sheltie I worked with for years would eat anything even remotely connected to food - even paper towel that had touched food. And he had been born to a good breeder, and went straight to a good home when he was old enough to leave mom, never started or anything - but tall, covered trash cans were a necessity in that office!
    I've Been Frosted