Thread: Congratulations, Greenpeace!

Congratulations, Greenpeace!

I knew you were fools, but didn't think you had slipped this far over the edge:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/13/wo...site.html?_r=0

CARACAS, Venezuela — An expression of concern by the environmental group Greenpeace about the carbon footprint was marred this week by real footprints — in a fragile, and restricted, landscape near the Nazca lines, ancient man-made designs etched in the Peruvian desert.

The Peruvian authorities said activists from the group damaged a patch of desert when they placed a large sign that promoted renewable energy near a set of lines that form the shape of a giant hummingbird.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yeah, that one just took my breath away. The arrogance and pigheadedness..
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Stupidity, crelessness and disregard for a country's and a people's cultural heritage, as well as the law. They should so more than apologize, they should fund the work to restore the area to its pristine state - even if they have to spend research $$ how to do it.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Stupidity, crelessness and disregard for a country's and a people's cultural heritage, as well as the law. They should so more than apologize, they should fund the work to restore the area to its pristine state - even if they have to spend research $$ how to do it.
    The Peruvian government cannot restore the site. The Nazca lines are a unique product of chemistry and the soil, they have no means to restore the subsurface once it's been exposed.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    The Peruvian government cannot restore the site. The Nazca lines are a unique product of chemistry and the soil, they have no means to restore the subsurface once it's been exposed.
    I bet of GP throws enough money at it, a solution can be found.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I sure hope yer kidding. Pretty stunned 4sure if not

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I sure hope yer kidding. Pretty stunned 4sure if not
    The thread title is meant sarcastically. GP screwed up massively. The whole stunt did more harm than good to their reputation, and massive harm to a cultural heritage site.
    I've Been Frosted