Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: YOU know it - no matter what the media says!

YOU know it - no matter what the media says!

When presented with a pair of donkeys, Thea and Noah, and also in comforting a child whose dog had recently died, Pope Francis made news by stating All Animals Go to Heaven/

I have known this my whole life, of course, but a previous Pope said it was not true (which didn't affect me, I am not Catholic, after all!). So it was so nice that Pope Francis - who chose the name of Francis after St. Francis of Assisi, patron saint of animals - set the record straight!!!!

So happy, we made a shirt/hoodie -

http://teespring.com/allpetsgotoheaven - we were only allowed to choose 3 colors for the T, and three for the hoodie

I've Been Frosted

Have you, like me, always just known pets go to heaven? Has anyone tried to convince you otherwise?
    I've Been Frosted

This quote comforted me when Cassie went to the Rainbow Bridge earlier this year. "God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there." -- Billy Graham, Christian evangelist
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

It was always my understanding even as a child that all our pets go to heaven--- would never believe otherwise even if someone told me different.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Of course all pets go to Heaven - there has never been any doubt in my mind about it.

I'm not Catholic - tho you might think I would be because I'm Italian. Dad was Catholic - Mom wasn't - and he felt us ( we ?) kids should be raised in church but it didn't matter which.

Anyway - I just adore Pope Francis - he appears to be such a happy and social Pope -unlike so many of the "stuffy" ones in the past. Perhaps his love of animals has some bearing there too. All of my pooches since when I had my 3 Lhasas 25+ years ago, have all worn a St Francis medal on their collar. I'm pretty certain that it was instrumental to some degree, in helping them to live such relatively long lives. Of course - Myndi made it to almost 18, Sparky to 14, and Tai who was my girl Lhasa, saw 16, and Scooter (Mr Bad Boy Lhasa), saw 14. And now Wolfy wears one............
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

You hooked me on this one Karen - even tho I said I wasn't going to buy anything for myself till after the holidays. I ordered a tee in blue - now I hope they get enough orders to do a run.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I was raised Catholic, including 12 years of Catholic school. I remember being told that our pets don't go to heaven because they don't have souls. That was one of the things we were told that I was never able to accept. Someone once said, "Of course animals go to heaven. God wouldn't make something so perfect then leave it behind." I believe our pets will be waiting for us.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    You hooked me on this one Karen - even tho I said I wasn't going to buy anything for myself till after the holidays. I ordered a tee in blue - now I hope they get enough orders to do a run.
    We got enough to do the first run, and we have now relaunched the campaign, and added long-sleeve t-shirts, too! Did you order before today?

Anyway - the new campaign is at http://teespring.com/allpets - and it runs until December 28th, as it is now past when people could order and get it before Christmas, so this way folks have more time!

Because we added the long-sleeve T, we could only choose two colors for each style, so we hope people are happy what is available!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We got enough to do the first run, and we have now relaunched the campaign, and added long-sleeve t-shirts, too! Did you order before today?

Anyway - the new campaign is at http://teespring.com/allpets - and it runs until December 28th, as it is now past when people could order and get it before Christmas, so this way folks have more time!

Because we added the long-sleeve T, we could only choose two colors for each style, so we hope people are happy what is available!
    I ordered earlier this morning, and when I did, there were no long sleeve tees showing available. That's okay tho, since I prefer the sort sleeve, and I can wear a different long sleeve under the one I ordered. I like the layered look, and will also have the short sleeve for warmer weather.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

I'm Catholic, but regardless, I believe animals have souls. Anyone who has and/or had a furkid knows that!

Ordered a blue t shirt!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post
    I'm Catholic, but regardless, I believe animals have souls. Anyone who has and/or had a furkid knows that!

Ordered a blue t shirt!
    Cool, thanks!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy View Post

Ordered a blue t shirt!
    I am, too, and yes, animals have souls. I've always felt dismayed and frustrated when religious types would lord it over me and berate me for believing that. It's so refreshing to hear a leader confirm what I've always believed.

I truly believe that we are shepherds of this planet, not owners.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I should have gone with my first instinct, which was to not order anything for myself till after the holidays. I ordered anyway, and it is royally hosed up.

Karen - I ordered from the link you had in post #1 here, since that was the only one available when I ordered. Post #8 has a different link and it is a different campaign, and it was not posted here till several hours AFTER I placed my order.

Anyway -I got my email from Tespring acknowledging my order - and it is a RELAUNCH RESERVATION - that original campaign expired. However the link in post #8 shows an open and active campaign. Makes sense to me that Teespring could have just put my relaunch order on the open campaign - but NOPE - that didn't happen. So now I probably won't get what I ordered anyway, since my email reads "We'll let you know IF there is enough interest to relaunch the campaign". B.S. on that - I'll just cancel that relaunch order and reorder on the one that is open - that's pretty simple and isn't rocket science - right?????

Well - that's a joke too. I followed their instructions for cancellation, and it won't let me - says "could not find order with that number". I entered it every different way possible - and I can't cancel. So now I'm left in the dark. I probably won't get the shirt because the campaign will not "relaunch" - but then again - it just might - someday.

I'm done with Teespring before I even got started, and at this point - I don't even want the shirt. There's enough else to do this busy time of year, than to waste time trying to straighten this out.

End of justified rant................
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    I should have gone with my first instinct, which was to not order anything for myself till after the holidays. I ordered anyway, and it is royally hosed up.

Karen - I ordered from the link you had in post #1 here, since that was the only one available when I ordered. Post #8 has a different link and it is a different campaign, and it was not posted here till several hours AFTER I placed my order.

Anyway -I got my email from Tespring acknowledging my order - and it is a RELAUNCH RESERVATION - that original campaign expired. However the link in post #8 shows an open and active campaign. Makes sense to me that Teespring could have just put my relaunch order on the open campaign - but NOPE - that didn't happen. So now I probably won't get what I ordered anyway, since my email reads "We'll let you know IF there is enough interest to relaunch the campaign". B.S. on that - I'll just cancel that relaunch order and reorder on the one that is open - that's pretty simple and isn't rocket science - right?????

Well - that's a joke too. I followed their instructions for cancellation, and it won't let me - says "could not find order with that number". I entered it every different way possible - and I can't cancel. So now I'm left in the dark. I probably won't get the shirt because the campaign will not "relaunch" - but then again - it just might - someday.

I'm done with Teespring before I even got started, and at this point - I don't even want the shirt. There's enough else to do this busy time of year, than to waste time trying to straighten this out.

End of justified rant................

Soooo sorry, Pomtzu! That's terrible! If we can get them to reinstate your oder, would you still like the shirt? They are a relatively new company, and obviously are still working out the bugs in things. So sorry!
    I've Been Frosted

Um...really really sorry to be a wet blanket here...the pope that said this was Paul VI. So the shirt is still great!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-fr...ampaign=buffer

It was a heartwarming story for legions of pet owners and animal lovers around the world. Pope Francis, talking to a distraught boy whose pet had died, declared there was a place in heaven for the creatures we share our lives with. His comment was reported this week by many news media outside Italy, with dozens of articles in the United States. It was veritable catnip to social media.

However, it turned out the pope had not made the comment.
    Misreading of remarks

The news stories were apparently based on a misreading of remarks Pope Francis made at his weekly general audience at the Vatican on Nov. 26 and on a comment that a past pope did make several decades ago.
    Pope Paul VI, who died in 1978, once said, reportedly while comforting a child whose dog had died, "one day we will see our animals in the eternity of Christ."
    'There is a fundamental rule in journalism. That is double-checking, and in this case it was not done.'- Vatican's deputy spokesman, Father Ciro Benedettini
    "There is a fundamental rule in journalism. That is double-checking, and in this case it was not done," the Vatican's deputy spokesman, Father Ciro Benedettini, said on Saturday, when asked about how the media ran with the story.
    The spokesman said he received a number of calls on the story from outside Italy on Friday and was taken by surprise because he did not recall the pope saying anything like that.
    Religion News Service was among the first media to put the record straight. It said in an article published late on Friday that the error appeared to have stemmed from a piece in the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera on Nov. 27, whose headline was misleading.
    The article recounted the pope's words from his general audience on Nov. 26, when the topic was the transformation of all creation into a new heaven and a new earth. It cited the remark about animals and attributed it to Paul VI, but its headline said "The pope and animals. 'paradise is open to all creatures.'"
    The New York Times, which ran a story on Thursday about the purported comment by Francis, acknowledged its mistake, saying in a correction on Friday that it had misattributed the remark by Paul VI to the current pope.
    A spokeswoman for the New York Times did not immediately have any comment.
    On its website, CNN also corrected its story, noting the misattribution and saying it was unclear what Francis believes about pets going to heaven. A spokeswoman for CNN had no immediate comment.
    Reuters did not publish a story on the remarks erroneously attributed to Francis.
    What does Pope Francis think about pets?

As for what Francis does think about animals, he has not spoken much about them in public, but Benedettini said that from the general tone of his speeches and gestures "it is clear that he is in spiritual harmony with all of creation."
    The spokesman said the pope was preparing an encyclical that will deal in part with the environment and recalled that a group that looks after stray dogs once brought the animals to his general audience and the pope was pleased.
    When he made a Christmas season visit to a Rome parish last year, Francis willingly let a young girl place a lamb on his shoulders as a shepherd would carry it. The pope once told priests that a good pastor should know not only the names of his parishioners but also the names of their dogs, Benedettini said.
    Recent popes have said different things about the possible spiritual side of animals.
    In 1990, Pope John Paul implied that animals had souls because they too were created from the breath of God. In 2008, former Pope Benedict upset some animal lovers when he said only humans were "called to eternity."
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda