Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YOU know it - no matter what the media says!

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Soooo sorry, Pomtzu! That's terrible! If we can get them to reinstate your oder, would you still like the shirt? They are a relatively new company, and obviously are still working out the bugs in things. So sorry!
    No - don't bother, Karen. Maybe SOMEDAY - if and when they work out the bugs - then I might consider doing business with them.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Um...really really sorry to be a wet blanket here...the pope that said this was Paul VI. So the shirt is still great!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-fr...ampaign=buffer
    So I understand he was quoting a previous Pope, but still said it, and I bet believes it. The sentiment - and the shirt - still stand!

And okay, Pom, I do understand - they are in Rhode Island - maybe we can send Sandy's bichons over there to pee on their tires in protest!
    I've Been Frosted

The Book of The Revelation of Jesus Christ (sometimes called Revelations) mentions Jesus coming back on a white horse. If He has a horse other animals will be there too.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Um...really really sorry to be a wet blanket here...the pope that said this was Paul VI. So the shirt is still great!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/pope-fr...ampaign=buffer
    Thanks Candace. For some reason, even though I am Catholic, the other popes quotes did not trickle down to the lay level. Interesting.

I still think the shirt is good.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

And okay, Pom, I do understand - they are in Rhode Island - maybe we can send Sandy's bichons over there to pee on their tires in protest!
    Yeah - I saw that they are in Providence, so I'm sure that Willy would delight in such an assignment.

I'd be even more perturbed if Teespring was in Warwick and not Providence. Afterall - that's my home town, and they do things correctly in Warwick.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Yeah - I saw that they are in Providence, so I'm sure that Willy would delight in such an assignment.

I'd be even more perturbed if Teespring was in Warwick and not Providence. Afterall - that's my home town, and they do things correctly in Warwick.
    Yeah - I think they are so new they are what we call bleeding-edge technology - so far ahead of themselves it hurts! We decided to try them because it is so much less cumbersome and expensive than some of the alternatives, and the quality of the pieces seems (we hope) to be up to snuff!
    I've Been Frosted

Yeah - I think they are so new they are what we call bleeding-edge technology - so far ahead of themselves it hurts! We decided to try them because it is so much less cumbersome and expensive than some of the alternatives, and the quality of the pieces seems (we hope) to be up to snuff!
    Never mind, it is always possible to make your own t-shirt quite easily with an online photographic company - e.g. Vistaprint. Just upload some graphic of your choice and the words "All animals go to heaven" (or other words of your choice).

As for whether it was the current Pope or a previous one, it's all very strange. There seems to be photographic evidence of Pope Francis comforting a small boy. The photo is in this article: http://www.businessinsider.com/pope-...heaven-2014-12

The photo could have been taken out of context, of course. But given the news about him comforting a small boy (who does look sad and upset in the photo), it suggests that the current Pope did say such words.

I suspect that the attribution to a former deceased pope (who can't be asked now!) is to take the heat out of the issue. But who can say?

Speaking only for myself, I don't need another person to tell me what to believe (or not believe). But for those who need such things, it is still encouraging that one Pope at some point said such words.

I haven't been on this forum for a while, and was clearly led back to it - by Google! I was researching the current controversy about "Did he say it or not?" and found this page. So I couldn't resist coming back to post on this issue.

The above posts are very heartening. Congratulations on an excellent thread!
    Last edited by LPC; 12-15-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: html link needed editing

Well, welcome back! Good to hear from you, and glad you found your way back to us!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, welcome back! Good to hear from you, and glad you found your way back to us!
    Thank you. Yes, I shall try to post more often here.

I saw that the New York Times had to retract their article, saying there was no boy who lost his dog, and the wrong Pope was quoted and the quote . . . yada, yada, yada. As we all know, the news will stick that THIS POPE SAID IT. Even though it now seems untrue.

Untrue that he said it. Not untrue that pets go to heaven! Yep we've all known that. I was raised Catholic, but I do not agree with 100% of the teachings, some are just . . . wrong! And this is one of them.

I like that about the white horse!

Ellie, sorry your order was messed up. TeeSpring is the new business idol here in RI. I have done business with them in the past with good results. Oh yes, Willy says he will be glad to water their tires for them!

This hasn't exactly been a stellar month for media accuracy, makes you wonder how many stories are actually true.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady's Human View Post
    This hasn't exactly been a stellar month for media accuracy, makes you wonder how many stories are actually true.

Don't believe anything you hear, and only half of what you see. Heard that one years ago, but can't remember the what or wherefores of it.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

So after the whole kerfluffle over what Pope said this or didn't say it, we realized that in all truth, it does not matter.
    You and I know All Pets do Go to Heaven. no attribution needed. So we revised the shirt, and just removed the "byline."

The new shirt comes in two options - a normal, and a women's fitted T-shirt, and the hoodie is also available!
    Here's the link: http://teespring.com/petheaven
    I've Been Frosted

Also, if people want to order, JoycenAlex got her hoodie and was pleased with it - see http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...73#post2512372

Hopefully everyone who ordered that first round will get them soon, too!
    I've Been Frosted