Thread: Grrrr - to Napa Auto Parts!

Grrrr - to Napa Auto Parts!

Okay, I heard their current radio commercial, and it is anti-cat! The gist is, "Oh, no, it is Secret Santa time, and you got Karl. You know, Karl with kittens on his computer screen, kittens pictures on his wall, and kitten ears on his car. Buy him a XXXX-brand wrench set instead, and help him "man up." And maybe he can use them to take the %^&%& cat ears off his car."

I was appalled! Plenty of "real men" love cats. There's nothing wrong with a man liking cats. Or kittens. Tell Napa this is just plain wrong!!!! I think we should all protest! Grrrrr hiss - Nappa - Real Men Like Cats!

Yes, I have a sense of humor, this just isn't funny! It is as sexist as well!
    I've Been Frosted

What an outrage!!! I agree with you, Karen, there's nothing funny about this. There are many "real men" right here on Pet Talk who unconditionally love their cats and give them only the very best care. One of these "real men" is Soncat who not only adores Amigo and all kitties, he's proud of it (I am too). He even has a few pictures of Amigo on his cell phone and has no reservations about showing our little guy off. How many real men help kitties in need, feed strays, and do whatever they can to protect them? I know this may sound harsh but maybe Nappa will lose some business because of this.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Blog Entries
    My husband and I went to his staff party last week. This man, who I always thought was such a macho, arrogant kind of person, came up to us and showed us 4 pictures of his cat on his phone. Well... who knew. I like this big bad bodybuilder guy very much now He's just a big sweety!

Here is a link, send them a comment. I just did. I had to put it as "Other." Yes I did use my real name, email and phone, I may regret that if they mine contacts for emails lol.

http://www.napaonline.com/contact-us.aspx

Psst! Karen, remove the extra "p" in the thread title!

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Here is a link, send them a comment. I just did. I had to put it as "Other." Yes I did use my real name, email and phone, I may regret that if they mine contacts for emails lol.

Okay, I did!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

I did NOT use my real phone. Why do they need my phone for an email? I used 800-555-1212. I believe that's a 411 for 800 numbers?

I'm a rebel.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

AS a Cat Man I have herad this nonsense for years , Napa must be run by a bunch of Muscle Heads!!!
    Man up indeed!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I like my cat, He tolerates me.

----

The advert firm who put this campaign together are probably staffed by the metro sexual, cappucino swilling, guys that buy the mani/pedi gift cards, call their clothes by the first name of the designers, have one pair of shoes that cost more than all the shoes I have owned in the last 20 years and only dress in pastels.....

I pity the fools.

Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    I like my cat, He tolerates me.

---
    I pity the fools.
    Mr T!

That ad is pure rubbish. To myself and many of the wornen on this site, a real man has at least one cat. Cat men are caring, kind, giving, brave, and very flexible with their time and attention. A man who has no cats is not a man to me. Love you cat guys!!!

Here is the message I sent them: I will no longer buy ANYTHING from Napa. You ad disparaging men who love cats has completlely turned me off to your company and your products. My late fiance was a cat man. He was no sissy, either. He was a big, strong, macho man who held a black belt in karate. He also held and loved our cats whenever possible. You have desecrated his memory with this ad. I speak for all the women who love a man who loves cats: "Phooey on your company and your products. I no longer have any use for them. i will now shop at Auto Zone and avoid Napa products.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    That ad is pure rubbish. To myself and many of the wornen on this site, a real man has at least one cat. Cat men are caring, kind, giving, brave, and very flexible with their time and attention. A man who has no cats is not a man to me. Love you cat guys!!!
    And we AREN'T AFRAID OF HAIRBALLS, either.

That's where the "brave" part came from. Hairballs and cat puke are not for sissies!
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by katladyd View Post
    That's where the "brave" part came from. Hairballs and cat puke are not for sissies!

When you grow up in a large family-hairballs, cat puke and turd boxes are child's play.

Wiping poop from the crevices of a squirming, crying child prepares you for EVERYTHING in life.

Did they ever withdraw the ad?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by mrspunkysmom View Post
    Did they ever withdraw the ad?
    Ut was a holiday seasonal ad, so we will not know until next year if they actually got the message. I stopped hearing it, but do not listen to radio except when I am in the car anyway!
    I've Been Frosted