Thread: Soft Survivor Capella!

Soft Survivor Capella!

How cool you were named for a crater on the moon! I bet you life as a loved Princess feels as far away from your sad start in life as the earth is from the moon! We are so glad your mom started visiting, and fell in love, and it is fun you are the very first girl kitty they have ever owned! We are glad Sterling took you under his wing, every princess needs a brother to learn from, right? It is great you play together, and even snuggle together! You are so pretty now, and your back fur looks so very plush! Obviously being spoiled suits you well! Congratulations again, Capella cutie! It is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Capella, you are a most beautiful cat. Kudos to you purrents for adopting you from the shelter. Congratulations on being named Cat of the Day.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Congrats on being COTD, beautiful Capella!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Dearest Capella, what a beautiful, sweet girl you are! Your sleek, shiny black coat looks so soft to touch, and what a sweet face you have, with those big orange eyes full of the look of love. I wish I could reach through the screen to Poughquag, NY to pet you gently! But since I can't, I know your loving and beloved Purrrents will pet you for me .

I'm so sorry to learn about your previous life and how hard it was being in a hoarding situation. How good that those fine folks at the cat sanctuary rescued you and had your medical conditions treated and nursed you back to good health. And then your wonderful Purrrmanent family adopted you, the family of Pet Talk's own MoonKitties!, and you are now their treasured little Princess. Now you have your best kitty friend and big brother Sterling to hang out and snuggle with! And there's another kitty brother Tycho, too. And you have the Purrrfect Furrrever home, where you are loved and spoiled and fussed over. You make your Purrrents smile with how you have blossomed under their care and love, how you prance around the house and you talk to them with your sweet and tiny little voice. What a delightful love-filled home you all share!

Congratulations, darling Capella, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Sterling and Tycho and Kepler Angel and your Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, perhaps even an extra helping of freeze dried chicken breast and a tiny bit of Asiago or Parmesan cheese.

Last edited by phesina; 12-07-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Brave, beautiful Princess Capella!

Hi Capella! Happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart! How proud your mommy must be, laying claim to two Cat of the Day alum, rescues from the same shelter, at that! How wonderful it is to read of the very special bond you share not only with your humans, but with brother Sterling as well! It truly was a case of love at first sight for your mommy and for Sterling! And perhaps we can attribute the very special bond you and Sterling share to the fact that you both were rescued from the same shelter, having shared with each other your experiences there, in kitty speak! And I couldn't help but get a bit teary, reading of how you came to be named! How fitting a name it is, for your bright inner light truly rivals those of the most brilliant celestial bodies!

. After much deliberation, we decided on Capella. Most of our kitties are named after craters on the moon. Capella is a lovely crater, but also it is the name of the sixth brightest star in the night sky. Since she is the sixth cat to have shared our home, we felt that name was perfect for her.
    What a beautiful ebony boy you are, Capella, what a heartwarming, inspirational, rags to riches rescue story is yours! You certainly had a sad, sad start at life, Capella. No kitty should ever be subjected to the horrific conditions you found yourself living in. But thanks to your indomitable spirit, your courage and will to survive, somehow you managed to hold on until your rescuers, the great folks at Mid Hudson Animal Aid, could find their way to you! Great thanks to them (that would include your mommy) for their commitment, for providing you with all the care necessary, veterinary and emotional, to set you onto the road to recovery, on the road to your forever home! And oh, how far you've come! As your mommy has said, the hurts you suffered may never be completely undone, but oh, how far you've come, Capella, how you've blossomed under the loving care of Sterling and your humans! Every rescued kitty should be as blessed as you, sweetheart, and I hope after reading your inspirational, life affirming story, others will choose rescue too!

Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweet Princess; cuddling with Sterling, prancing about the house, chowing down on some Asiago laced, freeze dried chicken breast, being spoiled rotten! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you (and Sterling and Tycho too) precious Capella, Cat of the Day EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sterling reminds me of my Older Found Hotel Cats , mostly Angels now who would welcome all new comers with purrrs and licks, and soon they would all be in big Found Cat Hotel Piles!!!
    WE are all welcoming our New Friends Sterling and Capella the same way , with lots of head bumps , kitten kisses and some lick o ramas.

It is so gratifying Capella that you have your Furr Ever Home now, and at seven you and Sterling will have so many years to make a Great Cat Dynamic Duo of love!!!

We at the Found Cats Hotel are all MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWING For Our New Co Cats of the Day Sterling and Capella, our new Great Cats.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

What a wonderful rescue story! You're a beauty Capella!

Congrats on being COTD! I hope this is a special day for you!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Cutie Pie Capella

Your Capella looks so much like my Angel Shadow. I know what you mean about feeling bad that Capella may not have had the love and care he deserved but thank goodness you will be there to give it all to him now. I adopted Caramel (all orange in the picture) after losing my Angel Beyli and had been told by the rescue that he was about 5 and healthy and then I found out he was actually closer to 10 and had Cancer. That was in 2009. He is still with me and he is doing okay; I often tell him that I wish I had had the joy of having him since he was much younger and am sad that he apparently had a very hard life before I got him. I guess we just have to enjoy the time we have with them now and be glad about the difference we will make to them for the rest of their lives.
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Capella and her family thank all of you for your kind words and shared stories She has certainly enjoyed her special day. Sterling, of course, helped her to celebrate!

It is a PT kitty's special day - Moon Kitties' Capella! Hello, beautiful girl! It's late in the day but I wanted to join in the best wishes and congratulations! How wonderful that you have a purr-fect forever home now, with Tycho and your VIP (Very Important PUrr-brother) Sterling to help you enjoy each day! And your loving family- who make sure you are healthy and happy! As it should be! I really like the picture of you and Sterling resting together in the round kitty bed Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful Capella!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678