Thread: Sweet Spackle

Sweet Spackle

How nice you needed a home precisely when your momma needed a pup, and we know you saw her that she needed a good pup, and you wriggled your way into her heart, and you knew just what to do to help her. We are glad her therapist was intelligent enough to realize you needed a dog far more than pills or other forms of therapy. A battle of pills cannot convince a person to get out of bed like a pup with a cold nose saying, "Moooooom, I gotta go out! now, I iz gonna burst!" And a dog needing a walk cannot be put off for another day or another month, and we know that cute little chocolate face with the wrinkling brow had to make her smile despite her anxieties, and there is no human as a good a listener as a dog, either! You had a very important job, and look how well you did it! You and your mom are such a great team, even if you outgrew her expectations! We hope you have a great long time with her! I love your name, too, Spackle! Congratulations, it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Spackle

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You are one big, beautiful girl.
    You turned out to be a therapy dog without even trying.
    Celebrate your world famous day

You're a pretty girl Spackle!!! Dogs do have a way of giving our lives 'purpose' don' they?

Congrats on being DOTD Spackle! I hope this is a special day for you and your person!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Hero Spackle!

Hi Spackle! Happy Dog of the Day to you!!!

How perfectly named you are, sweetheart, for you sure know how to patch a broken heart, seal a wounded spirit! First, great thanks to your mom for her selfless service to our country, and to you, Spackle, for your service to your mom! You're both heroes in my book!

You truly are one beautiful, gentle giant of a Pittie girl, inside and out, 106 lbs of pure Pitie love! Yes, your outer beauty is indisputable! (Just look at that shiny coat, those sparkling, golden eyes, that sweet, sweet face!) But just as your mommy says, it is the beauty that radiates from within that wins over the hearts of all lucky enough to know you, to love you!

Dogs, all animals, have such an amazing capacity to heal with their unconditional love, to set us on a purposeful path, give us a reason to get up, get out, to live! And yes, nothing quite compares with sharing a day at the doggie park with other pet parents, watching your furkid running and playing with such unbridled joy, watching them live in the moment!

It is no surprise to learn that your mom, already a dog lover, would finally turn to a furry friend to help her through those most trying of times! She knew the moment she laid eyes on you that fateful day at the shelter, the moment you quietly took your rightful place on her lap, that you were the one for her, and the rest is happy history! What an amazing bond of love and trust you and your mom share, Spackle! No doubt you will forever be grateful for your mom's compassion, saving you from an unspeakable fate, just as she will be forever grateful to YOU for rescuing her! That's what I call a match made in heaven!

Great thanks to your dear mommy for sharing your heartwarming story with us, along with all of those precious Pittie pics! It's cold and raining outside, but after meeting you my heart is warm as toast! Enjoy your much deserved day of honor, sweetheart, doing all sorts of fun stuff with your mommy and doggie friends, being loved and pampered to pieces!!! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Spackle, Dog of a Lifetime! And here's to many, many more wonderful years of shared love and companionship for you and your mommy!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Aww, Spackle! You're a big, beautiful girl now and everyone that's ever met ya loves every inch of ya! What a magnificent DOTD and a total sweetheart!