Thread: New Behavior

New Behavior

I've had my cat for almost 2 years and she is almost perfect. She just started peeing on the bathroom floor right next to her litter box. I got a second little box and I clean them every day and she still pee's on the floor (or she'll go into the shower). I've tried cleaning it with different "cat" cleaning products but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

First thing you should do is take her to the vet to rule out a possible urinary tract infection.

Have you moved her box? Has anything else in the house changed recently?
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

As well as Pomtzu's questions, did you change her type of litter recently? Any problems with her feet? Is it a covered box or open? Or has she had a scare while in that box? Any other changes?

Hope fully we can figure this out with you, as she's obviously telling you something!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Taz_Zoee View Post
    First thing you should do is take her to the vet to rule out a possible urinary tract infection.

Have you moved her box? Has anything else in the house changed recently?

I changed her littler but only after she started pee'ing on the floor. She's been to the vet and is healthy. She has two litter boxes that she uses, one with a lid, one without. She uses her little boxes and i clean them daily.

Quote Originally Posted by Nancilla View Post
    I changed her littler but only after she started pee'ing on the floor. She's been to the vet and is healthy. She has two litter boxes that she uses, one with a lid, one without. She uses her little boxes and i clean them daily.
    Definitely go back to the previous litter, have there been any other changes lately? Is the one she is peeing near open or the one with the lid? Anything new in the family or the neighborhood?
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Definitely go back to the previous litter, have there been any other changes lately? Is the one she is peeing near open or the one with the lid? Anything new in the family or the neighborhood?
    She pee's right outside the shower which is where the little box with the lid is located next to. She usually only does it once the bath matt has been washed, like she's marking her territory. But she doesn't always pee on the bath matt as soon as i put it down. Sometimes she waits a day to two before she marks it. I tried taking the bath matt away and last night stepped in a puddle. I'll try changing back to her old type of litter and see if that helps. Thanks for the suggestions.