Thread: A Question for fellow people who like to Cook!

A Question for fellow people who like to Cook!

I have a couple times bought thinks - Naan in one case, a "flatbread pizza crust" in another, crust that one can use to make a pizza. It has to be something I can make a bunch of, and toss in the freezer for when I feel like having a pizza for myself without too much fuss and bother. Every Naan recipe I have found has yoghurt in it, so that's out, as I am allergic to yoghurt, and most pizza recipes - including the one I grew up making, the dough cooks at the same time as the ingredient, not separately!

Ideas?
    I've Been Frosted

What exactly are you looking for? A couple of the bakeries out here sell one-pizza dough packs in the grocery stores.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Yeah, I just want a flatbread recipe - something not crunchy, but pizza-crust like texture - that makes something I can thaw out and put stuff on top for a pizza !
    I've Been Frosted

What about this recipe? If the ingredients are okay concerning your allergy. I don't know if it can be frozen, though.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/recipe/pizza-dough/

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Unless you oil it and MAKE it crunchy, pizza dough doesn't come out crunchy.

IIRC, Price Chopper has some they sell also.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Oh, my mom makes awesome naan. I vaguely know how to make it, but it is all done by guessing and knowing the texture of the dough, so I couldn't describe the process and ingredient proportions. Are you allergic to milk. I have a wonderful pizza crust recipe that I frequently make and freeze. They come in so handy with the kids, and I use whole wheat flour so it's healthy too! The recipe uses milk, olive oil, whole wheat flour, yeast, salt, and sugar.

Btw, when I make my crusts, I put the crust in the oven at 550 degrees and pull it out as soon as it 'balloons'. That way you can freeze it without it breaking and it cooks perfectly whenever you are ready to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by popcornbird View Post
    Btw, when I make my crusts, I put the crust in the oven at 550 degrees and pull it out as soon as it 'balloons'. That way you can freeze it without it breaking and it cooks perfectly whenever you are ready to use it.
    Popcornbird - those ingredients all sound fine, and Karen safe! Recipe, please! I am not allergic to milk, than heavens, my allergist just told me to avoid yoghurt.
    I've Been Frosted