Thread: Been a while... Mikey issue

Been a while... Mikey issue

At least I'm fairly certain its Mikey. He's always been a behavioral pee-er. We've had him tested and tested and he's always come back with a clean bill of health. He always peed in the same spots, so I just kept cleaning and re-cleaning the same areas. Last week, he started on a new spot in the hallway... I'm thinking the new spot was because his old spot is currently covered with construction debris. I bought Feliway diffusers last Saturday (they said I'd notice a difference as early as one week, and as long as a month) Today I came home to find my pillow soaked. I smelled it and it only smells like pillow. No urine odor at all. It could possibly be that Callie was chewing on something and drooling a lot, but not how wet this was and bunched up it was. I never saw any of the cats pee on the bed. Laundry baskets? Yes. Purses? Yes. Suitcases? Yes. But never the bed. The comforter set is brand new this week.

He drinks like normal. No increase in water intake, so I don't think the pee is diluted. He has taken to drinking from the kitchen sink every morning for less than a minute. He drinks from the water bowl throughout the day.

He seems as happy as can be. He loves to go out when Callie goes out. He curls up with me every night. He plays with Trixie and Mystic. Eating and sleeping is completely normal.

We have been doing a ton of renovations, so he would understandably be stressed with all the banging and noise, and all the new sheets of drywall and such coming into the house.

I can call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment for Tuesday, but in the interim, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas.

And why do I seem the blame Mikey? Because he's the only pee-er I have. Pouncer, Mystic, and Trixie usually tell me they've got got problems by straining in the box.

If it does not smell like pee, maybe it is not pee? Did you try the blacklight test?
    I've Been Frosted

Duh!!! Blacklight didn't fluoresce.

Any ideas what one earth spilled on the bed?

Right now Mikey and Mystic are having a BLAST playing on the new cat tree Sandy Paws got them today. I currently have the old one a few feet away from the new one and they are leaping from one to the other - flying kitties across the room! I guess we are keeping the old in the room too

Quote Originally Posted by catnapper View Post
    Duh!!! Blacklight didn't fluoresce.

Any ideas what one earth spilled on the bed?

Right now Mikey and Mystic are having a BLAST playing on the new cat tree Sandy Paws got them today. I currently have the old one a few feet away from the new one and they are leaping from one to the other - flying kitties across the room! I guess we are keeping the old in the room too
    Whew - at least you know it isn't pee! No idea - might Cam have had a cup of water in there?
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Face it, yer a drooler. Ha-ha, you drool

I have this issue with Miquelito as he sprays as he is territorial with all the just recently neutered Toms who have moved in.
    He is without fears and attacks the much bigger Terrance Jeffrey.
    I have to keep an eye on my Little Orange Lion, spray bottle in paw!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS