Thread: Advice on moving the litter box?

Advice on moving the litter box?

Hi guys, I know this is a silly thread, but just looking for some advice on moving the litter box. Our cat, Maisy HATES change...every time we move anything, she eyes it suspiciously for a few hours until everything is deemed safe again. Anyway, when we got her, I put the litterbox in a central location (our front hallway). However, I kind of would like to move it to one of the bathrooms that is at the back of the house. I'm just wondering, is she going to get confused and have accidents? Should I go buy a second pan and have one in the two locations for a while? Am I overthinking this?? I would really like to get this done before December 6 (company is coming!) Thanks for any input!

PS I scoop it everyday, and she has never had any problems or accidents before. I would like to keep it that way.

How far away are the two locations? Can you move it gradually, day by day a few inches and get it there in time?
    I've Been Frosted

I was going to suggest the same thing Karen said. Move it a little each day until it is where you want it. Then you can see if it is causing her issues at all.
    Or you could do the two boxes, but I'm thinking she'd only use the old one.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I agree move it a bit each day. Let us know how it goes