Thread: Remembering Gini

Remembering Gini

One year ago today our friend Gini left us. It has been a long dark year for me without her sweet light brightening my days. She always seemed to know when I needed a bit of cheer and an email would show up with something funny or cute to make me smile. Gini, I know you are most likely being mobbed by all our Pet Talk babies and friends who are there with you, I just want to let you know you are missed so very much.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh no, is that already one whole year ago??

I surely miss you so much too....!
    You were deeply loved here on PT!
    It makes me a bit happy though knowing that you can spend lots of time with out PT-angels; please pet my dearest Sydney, and tell him how much we all miss him!

Love

Lut & The Gabriels Girls
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I too miss Gini very much. She was such a sweet lady, full of compassion and love. She was a big part of bringing Ptalkers together and I'm so glad I got to meet her.

Dear Gini, I imagine you sitting on the RB, sipping a drink with Phred, John and the other PTalkers who left us. You are handing out treats to our beloved cats and dogs, and you are smiling, because your Annie and Emma ended up with a PTalker.

I will never forget you, dear Gini.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I hardly got to know Gini. The little I did communicate with her and the lot I heard about her here makes it clear she was a wonderful, kind and modest woman - who loved to have fun!

And remembering how so many PTrs came together, along with her one brother, to re-home her precious orange girls - it was surely a tribute of full-hearted love and a lot of work.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Oh, Gini, we miss you, but are sure you breathing and laughing freely up there in heaven, and sharing jokes and stories with Phred, Corinna, Jonza, Molly, Terri and all who got there before you!
    I've Been Frosted

Dear Gini Gone but never forgotten. Hope you are having the best time surrounded by love.
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

I didn't really know her, but I am sad that she is gone? How are Annie and Emma doing?
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Don't be fooled by all the stories?

Miz Gini was an incredible woman, but her real strength was being able to straddle the line between bawdy and behaved.

She had a wicked sense of humor - god, did we laugh whenever we got together.

----------------

One thing about her, that many people didn't know, was her work with the Rotary Club she belonged to.

As we prepared for one of the BBQs, she asked me to help her unload some boxes from her car.

They were heavy and as I took them out of her car and stacked them in her garage, she stood by and apologized non-stop.

The boxes were loaded with text books for a local school the RC had sponsored...After some more apologies, I found out that she was involved with
    sponsoring a student from the school....

-------

As you got to know her, you saw that she could be a real lady, then turn around and be just 'one of the girls'.

If you didn't laugh or have some crazy, funny, impossible Gini story AFTER you spent some time with her?

She was a one of the most unique, crazy, fun people you would ever want to meet.

I was privileged to have her as a friend and partner-in-crime.

She is missed, but not forgotten..

Blog Entries
    I didn't get to know Gini, Richard you bought her back to life. What a fun loving giving person she was.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
    I didn't get to know Gini, Richard you bought her back to life. What a fun loving giving person she was.
    My favorite Gini story involved her meeting Richard Gere in a restaurant.

Gini and her then hubby were out for dinner and saw RG at a table.

Gini JUST HAD to go over and speak to him.

--------------

A little background?

There was an urban legend that involved RG and a gerbil wrapped in foil.

The story was that he went to the ER to have the gerbil removed from a private area of his.

People kept the story alive for years.

----------

After the meal, Gini walked over to the table, spoke to RG and when she got back to her husband, he asked what she said to him....

Gini replied, "I asked him how his gerbil was......."

------

The only drawback of being her friend?

You had to stay on your toes around her....If you let your guard down, you'd be guaranteed to be the next 'victim' of her sense of humor. Her humor was NEVER mean spirited or biting. If you liked to laugh? She was a wonderful person to hang around with.

----

Before the BBQs, we'd get together to plot....ah, plan the event.

We gone to Costco to buy some booze and other stuff.

The booze and mixers dominated the basket, so when we got into line a woman in front of us looked at the basket, at us and then shot us a dirty look.

We both noticed it and Gini, in a wonderful stage whisper, said something like, "Did we buy enough booze?"

I answered, "THAT should be enough to get us thru the weekend....."

God, did we laugh about that.

She had the ability to step over the line and take you with her.

We once had a conversation about the BBQs and she confided in my that when she told a friend that she was going to host a bunch of 'strangers' for the event she was told that she was 'crazy to do it'.

She never worried about who was coming, but she got frantic about the food, running out of things like pop or drinks.

Your comfort was the only thing she was worried about....what ever you hear about her?

Multiply that by 100 and even then?

You may not realize what a gem she was!!!

Blog Entries
    Miss Gini was a rare gem indeed. What a sense of humor. You had me laughing just hearing about her adventures. I love people with a sense of humor there are to many stick in the muds out there.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I was just getting to know Gini a little, but it was toward the end of when she was able to post here on a regular basis. I wish I had known her better. Lucky you, Richard, to have had that privilege.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm sorry I never got to know you, Gini. You are clearly a most remarkable person, greatly loving of and greatly beloved by so many people and pets of Pet Talk.

I think of you up there at the Rainbow Bridge with so many wonderful beings of all species, all cherishing each other and sending that love and delight outward to those of us who haven't made that trip to the Bridge yet.

God bless you, Gini! And may the precious memories of you that your friends here hold so dear help to bring comfort to all.

Last edited by phesina; 11-26-2014 at 02:44 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery