Thread: Blessed Ben Hur

Blessed Ben Hur

Oh, sweet Benny, we are so glad you were rescued from that terrible existence. Those teeth must have been so painful, and to be robbed of your voice is awful, too! We are glad your new family adopted you and are being patient and helping you to learn what a loved dog you should have been all along! We are glad you and Candy got along immediately, so she could guide you through lots of lessons on how to not be afraid. And some day, we know you will realize your Daddy loves you, too! How nice you love your snuggles and lap time. Congratulations, Benny, it is your day to shine!
    I've Been Frosted

Ben Hur

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day. You more than earned it.
    Your forever home is wonderful and well deserved.
    I especially like the picture of you with the sun glasses and flip flops.
    I'm sure your family will celebrate your special Sunday DOTD.

Good morning Benny! You're adorable!
    What a sad life you lived before you were rescued. Thank goodness you're in a wonderful home now.

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope you and Candy have a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Brave, beautiful Ben!

Beautiful, brave Benny! Happy Sunday Dog of the Day to you, sweetheart!

It's beyond heartbreaking, reading of the unspeakable abuse you suffered at the hands of your former so called "humans!" Thank God you somehow found your way out of that hellish existence and into the arms of a committed family who will cherish and love you forever and always! It never ceases to amaze me, the ability of you abused kids to bounce back after having suffered such neglect and abuse, to trust a human again! But somehow you managed to do just that, and we're so grateful to your family for not only rescuing you, but giving you all the time you need to heal your wounded spirit! And no doubt having Candy as a big sister and mentor, showing you the ropes, worked wonders in helping you to adjust to your new life, to learn how to enjoy life! Oh, how far you've come, sweetheart, and just as your Mommy says, there isn't a doubt in my mind that one day soon you will be as much a "Daddy's boy" as you are a "Mommy's boy," that you all will be "one big happy family!" Oh, wait, you already are!

What an honor it was to have the chance to pay tribute to the beautiful, brave boy that you are, Ben. You truly are a treasure, and your family so very blessed to have a best friend and loving companion in you! Enjoy your much deserved day in the spotlight, sweetheart, and here's to many, many more happy, carefree, love filled years with your wonderful family! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Ben, and to precious Candy, too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks so much

Your post made me sad, just like everyone else, that these beautiful creatures who were put on this planet to give and receive love, are used and abused to make money by the supposed "human" race!! I adore animals and grew up with a very special collie named Topaze, who I will always miss. So to read that you gave this sweet boy a safe and loving home where he can feel that he really is man's best friend (and woman's too). One day I hope to do what you did, rescue a collie - although I would prefer that there would be proper laws created and enforced so that no animals would suffer like he did ever again. Bless you and your family for giving Ben Hur the home he deserves. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shadow & Topaze.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	58929
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by catlover11; 11-23-2014 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Add picture of Topaze
    Please have your pets sterilized as soon as possible to lower, and one day hopefully eliminate, unwanted and abandoned pets. It IS our responsibility. Adopting from a shelter also helps - encouraging breeders just adds to the overpopulation.
    http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/QC64.html
    Angel Beyli's Mom thanks you!

Dearest Ben Hur, congratulations on being chosen today's Dog of the Day, and blessings to you and to the wonderful family who brought you HOME and share so very much love with you.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello Benny, it's a pleasure to meet you. You are very handsome! I am sorry you had a terrible life before you were adopted. You poor fellow--no wonder you were afraid of people and still don't want to run up to anyone. It sure sounds as if your present family is very good and patient with you. I hope you have many good years to come. Congrats on being DOTD!

Sweet beautiful Benny -- I agree with what everyone else has said. How wonderful that you were rescued, and now have the joy of wearing sunglasses, flip flops, being cared for and loved! I'm sure that you will become a Daddy's boy very soon with the help of your caring parents and sister Candy! I hope you had a very happy day as Dog of the Day, blessed Benny!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678