Thread: My rescue of 2 yr old very cool cat Phantom R.I.P.

My rescue of 2 yr old very cool cat Phantom R.I.P.

2 weeks ago my rescued cat of 3 months and after almost a year of gaining its trust to allow me to rescue him passed away. He was the most loving cat I have ever dealt with. All my cats through the years have loved me tremendously, but Phantom is my first rescue from the wild and he would sit on my lap purring away, get up and stretch his front paws up my chest then crawl up and give me the most amazing head butt and face nudges... I am going to miss that little guy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    MY SPECIAL GIRLS

ZIP and SHY R.I.P. my beautiful girls

The story of Phantom is pretty cool... Last winter in February I started noticing paw prints in the snow leading up to my doorway. And since my 2 current brother cats Zorro and Sombrero are strictly indoor cats this seemed surprising to see the prints.
    Anyways this happened for a few weeks but no sign of the "phantom" cat, just the prints. Well one night I had put trash out early, something I almost never do and in the morning I found a section of the bag ripped open and the cat had try to eat a piece of pizza but it was so frozen the poor thing only managed to get a couple of scrapes. It was then I decided I would put out water and food nightly and also put out a cat carrier with blankets just in case it needed some kind of shelter.

The "phantom" cat would eat the food nightly and this happened for a few months still with no sight of the cat. Then in July I started to capture brief glimpses as I put up a security light and this enabled me to see this elusive creature.
    Then one night I came home and he was in the carrier, which he promptly vacated like a "cat out of hell" and took off. This happened for a month or so and then he would allow me to watch him eat as long as I didn't make any sudden movements or try and open the door. And then he started to sleep the night in the carrier and one day I slowly opened the door and he would move down the steps but not run away. A few weeks later he let himself sniff my finger and a few DAYS later he let me pick him up and pet him if only briefly.

One night shortly after this I opened my door wide open and he would stick his head in the door and look at my 2 cats who were un-phased by this and dart off into the dark. 2 night later I opened the door and he walked in and my big ole' cat Zorro proceeded to walk over to him and give him a welcoming head butt which surprised the $#@$ out of me!! After a few mins he took off. Finally 2 nights later I opened the door again and he came in headed for the couch and proceeded to lay down and that was it, he adopted me!! Well at least I had him for 3 months.

R.I.P. Phantom!!!!
    MY SPECIAL GIRLS

ZIP and SHY R.I.P. my beautiful girls

Aww, our condolences. At least he knew love for those precious last three months!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, what a touching story. I'm so glad Phantom came home to you. May the sweet memories of the love you share help to bring you comfort. Love is eternal, and you and he are together always.

Rest in peace, darling Phantom! Now you are a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge. Please send some purrs down to the heart of your dear friend to tell him all is well and you will welcome him HOME.. One Fine Day.

God bless, and love ,
    from Pat and cats.
    Last edited by phesina; 11-25-2014 at 06:00 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Cool

We have printed a picture of your Dear Phantom, and how sad it is that your time together was so short.
    But he became an Angel while a beloved Cat Companion, something so many animals never are.
    Phantom has his wings of silver and gold now, and will join us at the Princess and Stashie Angel Lime Ridge Mall forb lunch and will be there to greet you in love again.
    One Fine Day
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am sorry for your lose
    Be comforted knowing he knew love and he passed inside surrounded by love, not outside cold and alone.

Play hard at the bridge sweet Phantom.

He knew love and safety. I am sad Phantom has passed, but happy he knew love and caring at the end.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Thanks for taking care of sweet Phantom.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    What a sweet story. He knew where to go when the end was approaching. So sorry he couldn't have stayed longer.

RIP Phantom. You were loved - even tho it was such a brief love affair.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm sorry about Phantom's passing. Some lives are cut so short.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)