Thread: Woman Wakes Up At The Morgue After Being Declared Dead To The Shock And Delight Of Her Family.

Woman Wakes Up At The Morgue After Being Declared Dead To The Shock And Delight Of Her Family.

http://omg.viralnova.com/janina-kolkiewicz/?mb=vnnl

We've all had close calls with death (or at least disaster). Maybe you were in a car accident. Maybe you were nearly hit by an oncoming train. Maybe you were almost caught shoplifting gum.
    This grandma had a close call that can't be beat. Imagine waking up and realizing you had made it all the way to the morgue. That's exactly what happened to this woman. Her family must be very grateful the workers at the morgue were paying attention and not phoning it in that day.

Meet Janina Kolkiewicz.

peru

Janina, 91, was found lying on the floor of her home in Ostrow Lubielski, Poland. Her family desperately tried to find a pulse, but there were no signs of life. They called their family doctor who, after giving a professional examination, pronounced her dead. Grandma was gone.

The Morgue.

flickr

Janina's body was taken to a local morgue. The family began making preparations for the funeral.

Awake.

flickr

11 hours later, workers in the morgue heard a noise coming from the room where bodies were kept. They were shocked to find that Janina began moving.

Reunion.

eldeber

That night, there was a knock on the Kolkiewicz's door. When they opened it, an embarrassed but enthusiastic man from the morgue told them that there was a mistake. Their grandmother was still alive. Janina was still frigid from the morgue's cold temperatures when she arrived, but her family soon solved that with hot soup and pancakes.

Can you imagine what it would be like to receive a second chance? I bet it'd feel like being Scrooge in A Christmas Carol, right? What a miracle.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Don't think the toe tag matches the story.

What kind of soup?

But with pancales?

---------------

Just because you don't have a pulse doesn't mean you don't have heart!

It's Poland. Borscht and latkes!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hypothermia? Good thing they caught it. I wonder if this is the reason behind wakes?

Edit: Nope.

Apparently it means to be awake, as in those who watch over the dead must stay awake.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wake_(ceremony)

However,

http://thefuneralsource.org/wake.html

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/634258/wake

http://www.deathreference.com/Vi-Z/Wake.html
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Nope, those definitely don't look like grannys toes, couldn't really read the toe tag. Glad she has one more kick at the can, must have been pretty tuckered out to so soundly snooze like that. Sounds a tad fishy....

Yeah that picture with the toes tag on the feet do not go with this story, it was for someone named Aliasha? V. who was 35, and the cause of death was self -(something I can't read)- suffocation. And the date was from back in February, though it does not include a year. whoever decided to use it for this story was being pretty lazy!
    I've Been Frosted

Maybe she's part cat? I wonder if she had gotten cold; "dive reflex" can mimic death.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

This will be a joyful Christmas for them that is sure!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Granny's a cutie pie, that's for sure!