Thread: Beautiful Baltasar

Beautiful Baltasar

What a sleek and handsome boy you are, Baltasar, and wow, what an amazing tale you have! You were in need of a home just when your new humans knew they needed a new dog! It is great your family is so involved in rescue and also has experience having a therapy dog in the family, so you not only get a loving family, but a job out of the deal! Calgary is a very long way from Spain, and we are so glad Petra and her group rescued you and your brothers from an otherwise scary existence! You are smart enough to learn how to be a good family member, and now how to bring comfort and excitement to sick children, which is a noble job! I bet they are intrigued by your exotic looks and your shiny sleek fur, as many have probably never even seen a Galgo. And we know that also means you are warm to pet, which feels nice to sore hands. Congratulations, Baltasar, it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Baltasar

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    In your pictures you truly do look like a Wise Man.
    You will make so many people happy when you visit the hospitals.
    The patients for sure, but the staff will also enjoy you.
    You are one handsome fellow. I can never understand why people
    don't want to adopt black male dogs. I have two of my own and
    they are wonderful, just like you are.
    Celebrate your special day.

Hi Baltasar, congrats on DOTD!! We love your amber-brown colored eyes, they are a beautiful contrast to your black coat. It sounds like you have had quite an adventurous life so far, something out of a movie! Hey, maybe you write a book hehe Loved your story, and we are glad you were rescued!

Stunning Baltasar!

Hi beautiful Baltasar! Congrats on nabbing the coveted title of Dog of the Day!

I was so touched reading how you came to be named, Baltasar! A gentle, wise "old soul" you are indeed, and your amazing "Christmas miracle" rescue story is truly an inspiration to all us dog lovers! The odds were certainly stacked against you and your furry friends, sweetheart. But thanks to the heroics and determination of your rescuers (BaasGalgo, SAGE, your family), you and your compatriots were saved! You and your family went the "extra mile," literally, in order to make your homecoming a reality, and we're so grateful to your mom and dad for their dedication to rescue, and moved by your courage and indomitable spirit!

How far you've come since that long journey home, Baltasar, adjusting so seamlessly to your wonderful new life! You're even paying forward the compassion shown you through your therapy work! You've already brought so much joy to your humans' lives, and soon so many in need of a big helping of unconditional furry love will be touched by your precious spirit as well!

Thanks to your wonderful family for sharing your most inspirational story, those heart melting pics and video. with us! You're one extra special pup, Baltasar, and all lucky enough to cross your path, truly blessed! Enjoy you big day in the spotlight, sweetheart, and each and every minute of your enchanted life! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Baltasar, our very special and most deserving honoree!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thanks Karen!

Thanks for featuring our Galgo Baltasar. He really does have a tale to tell! From a discarded "garbage" dog to becoming a Pet Therapy dog, we could not be more happy and proud of him. He's an example of what rescue dogs can achieve. It's not going to his head though, he's asleep on the couch at the moment This could all not have happened without the rescue groups involved. We are thankful for all the work they do, not only for Baltasar, bur for many, many more Galgos.

How do you not fall in love with this handsome face?
    Beats me and I am not willing to try! Hello, beautiful Baltasar! I have never met a Galgo dog before. You are so shiny and handsome! I'm sure you will be a huge success as a pet therapy dog, making visits and bringing smiles to those you meet. I agree with what DonnaDWM said about the staff as well as the patients enjoying therapy visits. Those were special days for everyone!

Calgary and Spain are far apart - do you wear a vest on cold days, Baltasar? Do you like to nap on a couch or cushion, like a greyhound would? Could you please have your people give you some petting and hugs for me - because you are beautiful! Happy Dog of the Day to Baltasar, handsome black Galgo Dog!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    We are so over the moon that you saved magnificent Baltasar. What a beautiful dog, the best dog in the world and DOTD!!

It was meant to BE

Congrats on making Dog of the Day Baltasar!

What a story you have here pretty boy. I feel like I did just read an amazing Christmas story. The Good Lord above really seemed to have helped you find a wonderful home and WITH a job too! How do you ever contain all that love?! But then again, it sounds like it was meant to be boy. Good job Baltasar, and Mommy too

I'm so glad I got tipped off that handsome Baltasar was honored with Dog of the Day. Petra and SAGE have truly raised my own awareness over the past year and a half to the plight of the Spanish galgo, and now I am trying to do what I can to help spread the word, too. Baltasar is so photogenic and has been photographed by some amazing photographers! The plight of thousands of Spanish greyhounds every year is a deplorable one, and dog lovers all over the world are joining in to help make a difference for them. Thank you, beautiful Baltasar, for being such an incredible ambassador for galgos, and may we save more and more of your kind as the world becomes more aware of you.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge