Thread: Bodacious Billy Boy

Bodacious Billy Boy

What an impressive boy you are, Billy! We are so glad your canine mom's human was a veterinarian, and she knew what to do when you and your brothers were born via C-section. It is very sad your mother had cancer, we know that it is so common in Bernese Mountain Dogs that scientists are studying your relatives' genes right now to figure out why that is. But you are such a handsome gorgeous big boy now, it is hard to imagine you as a tiny newborn! Those tricolor makings and thick, wavy fur are not only handsome, they will be useful come wintertime, as you are easy to spot in the snow, and so very furry you stay toasty warm while we humans are looking for another layer to add to our own insulation. And what a spoiled boy you are, you figured out if your sister gets helped into vehicles, there's no reason for you to actually jump in yourself! And I know what big dogs like you can do - trying to make you move when you don't want to is futile, as you all just go limp, and it's like pushing jello - just furry jello - the minute you let go, it falls right back unto place! Congratulations, Billy Boy - it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Billy Boy

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day
    What a handsome and distinguished gentleman with your paws crossed.
    You deserve to be pampered, along with your siblings. All dogs do.
    Celebrate your world famous day with extra treats and love, although
    I think you get plenty of both on a regular basis.

You're a gorgeous boy Billy Boy!!! Congrats on being DOTD!

I hope you have a fun day celebrating!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Blog Entries
    Billy Boy up and stole my heart! He's just way too cute, love your dog! Huge hugs and smooches to Billy please.

Hello Billy Boy, What a handsome fellow you are! Love your coloring. It sounds as if you are one big baby LOL. You sure got off to a rough start but with lots of care and loving you and your siblings survived. It sounds as if you have a wonderful home. I hope you have many more happy healthy years. Congrats on being DOTD!

Beautiful Billy!

Hi Billy! Happy Dog of the Day!

What a handsome boy you are! Bernese Mountain Dogs are among that most beautiful in all of doggiedom, and should anyone doubt that, they need only look at YOUR beautiful face, that BIG smile, your stunning tri-color coat! I'm so, so sorry to hear of the tragic passing of your fur mommy. But how lucky that your fur mom's daddy is a vet! No doubt his expertise was critical in saving you and your siblings' lives, keeping you healthy, safe and feeling loved before it was your time to "go home!" And I'm sure your fur mom would be so proud, knowing her Billy boy grew up to be such a kind and loving pup! Had to laugh though at your refusal to jump into the car! hehe Well, if that ramp is good enough for your sister, why not you? Your mom is one lucky lady, having a beautiful best friend in you, Billy! And when it comes to being a "mama's boy," well, it doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Thanks for warming my cold, cold day, sweetheart! You're a heartwarmer for sure, and so very deserving of your Dog of the Day crown! I hope you and your fur sis are both enjoying a very happy Dog of the Day celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Billy! Long and happy life to you!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh, gorgeous Billy Boy! I would like to give you some petting and huge hugs, because you are absolutely precious! I love your portrait, with your big smile and neatly crossed paws! I agree with tatsxxx11- you are a heart-warmer for sure! And with mon- I too am sending you hugs and smooches! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to dear Billy Boy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Billy's momma is shocked and happy all at once

Karen, Thank you sooo much for showing me this wonderful site. I'm even more astounded that Billy Boy even made it to Dog of the Day. Not only was Billy Boy proud of himself, I was floored at such recognition. Thank you.

Another thing too; I linked the sites page and texted it to all of my family and friends and for a moment, we thought you could possibly have known us. The word 'Bodacious' has been used synonymously with my aunt's, and my sister's, last name: Bodell. It's almost like an add on to our names. We were tickled pink at that word and coincidence too. Thank you for making my family's day, and Billy Boys (of course :P)