Thread: Sweet Whiskey

Sweet Whiskey

Those big brown eyes are heart-melters, we are so glad your human mom did research and discovered your breed would a good fit for the family just when you needed a home! We are glad the rescue group worked with you enough so you would not panic when you got your initial group hug - some dogs don't react well to that! (I have a scar on my lip to remind me of that!) It is great that you are such a loved dog now, and you get plenty of the hugs you now love! Your brindle coat is very pretty, and your lean sleek physique makes you a perfect model, along with that looooong greyhound nose! We are so glad you were saved and now get to live the good life, with camping trips, lots of treats, and humans to lean on! Congratulations, Whiskey, it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Whiskey

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You are much loved with all the pictures of your human and doggie friends.
    Rescued dogs are the best. I just wonder if you liked to race or if you were
    made to do it. Now you are retired and can relax and enjoy life.
    Celebrate your world famous day.

Hello Whiskey, it's a pleasure to meet you. What a gentle giant of a dog you are--sweet, easy going, good with children, very calm it seems. You sure got the perfect home when your family chose you. I enjoyed reading about you and seeing all the warm wonderful photos; what a good life you have. I hope you have many more happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

Precious Whiskey!

Hi Whiskey! Happy Dog of the Day to you!

What a beautiful girl you are, Whiskey, inside and out! Those soulful brown eyes of yours could melt the coldest of hearts!

Like all of the rescued Greys I've had the privilege of knowing you're one kind, gentle and loving soul, so grateful for the compassion shown you, giving back to your family each and every day, the love they have for you! One need only glance at your heart melting photo spread for proof of that, to see what a perfect match you are for your family...including the furry members! Yep, that's one proud Grandma I hear speaking, and understandably so! What family wouldn't be bursting with pride, having a furkid, a best friend and loving companion, in you! And of course your Grandma spoils her granddog rotten...that's what Grandmas do! Thanks to the dedicated volunteers at Golden State California Greyhound Adoption and Rescue, and of course your forever family, you're finally living that life of luxury you so richly deserve! And oh yes, between your stunning good looks, that buff, sleek frame, you make the ultimate doggie fashion model! (Would love to see your camping sweater!) Fashion plate, doggie model, camper, leaner, lover boy...Who could ask for more!!!

Thanks to your dear Grandma for sharing your beautiful self, your heartwarming story and precious photos with us! You're as special as they come, sweetheart, and so very worthy of your Dog of the Day, EVERY day, honors! Hope you're enjoying a very happy, fun filled day of celebration....talking a nice long walk, sharing stuffies with adorable cousin Bella, being loved and pampered to pieces!

Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Whiskey!
    P.S...LOVE the bunny ears!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Another beautiful brindle Greyhound! Whiskey you are handsome and I could just melt into your eyes. Congratulations on your forever home, you are loved there!

Mom2-10, seven of which are houndies like you!

Oh, beautiful Whiskey! You finished your racing career and then came to your forever home! Group hugs were new to you, but I can see from your pictures that you have learned how to receive loads of hugs! You are super smart and learned all about how to be a family member and loved dog! You go for walks and camping in beautiful California, and I bet you bring smiles to everyone you meet! And an opportunity to educate people about greyhound rescue work. You rearrange your stuffed toys as needed, and share them with Bella I agree with what my friend tatsxxx11 has written - you are kind and loving! And greatly loved (and spoiled) by your family! Happy Dog of the Day to wonderful greyhound Whiskey!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Gorgwous Whiskey

Ah, as I posted when Bruce was DOD a few days ago, we too have 3 rescued former racing greyhounds and I must agree that Whiskey is as handsome as a greyhound can be and deserving of all the love and spoiling he is getting. I'm glad to hear that the SF rescue group is "picky" about who gets to be adopted by these marvelous dogs. Our group is just as careful of which families get to adopt these new family members. Thanks for sharing your pictures and your thoughts re the dogs. Oh, by the way, we have a "Whiskey" amongst our group of dogs waiting for their forever families.

Blog Entries
    Whiskey is a magnificent DOTD! Love the brindle coat and sweet face, please forward hugs and kisses from me!