Thread: Gorgeous Dancer

Gorgeous Dancer

Oh, Dancer, what a story you have! We are so glad that when your first Dad passed away, his lady realized you needed a better owner, as she just did not understand you, or horses in general! You are sooo gorgeous, and we can see your Dad's Palamino genes are at the forefront, but there's that Arabian profile, too from mom's side! We are so glad no one listened to the people who thought you should be purt down, we know you just needed the right humans! And so it came to be, and even in that first meeting in the video, you were already responding, and showing off for them! We know it is never to late to learn, and bet you are your people are equally pleased at how quickly you are picking up on being a loved horse, being ridden and experiencing new things! You are stunning, and your pictures show you practically glow with health now! We hope you have many, many years together, Dancer - and by the way, your name certainly fits you well!
    I've Been Frosted

You're a gorgeous boy Dancer!!! Congrats on being POTD!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Dancer

Congratulations on being Pet of the Day
    You are one handsome boy with a lot of spirit.
    I think most animals like to have a job to do and
    a purpose. You will do well with your new family
    and many more years ahead of you.
    Celebrate your special day.

Dazzling Dancer!

Hi Dancer! Happy Pet of the Day!

What a gorgeous horse you are, Dancer, and oh my, what an inspirational, most amazing story you and your parents have to tell! "6 degrees of separation, indeed, not to mention "diamond in the rough," "a lid for every pot," "all good things come to those who wait..." You truly were a diamond in the rough, just waiting for your time to sparkle and shine, to dazzle as brightly as your golden coat! And under the tutelage and loving care of your mom and dad that's exactly what you've done! Just look at you "showing off!" You're magnificent!
    As Donna has said, you simply needed that perfect forever family match;, a job, a purpose in life, a challenge, and by any standard you've more than met that challenge (and the perfect family)! And I have no doubt your former dad, Bob, is looking down on you from above today, so very proud to learn how far his beautiful boy has come!

Great thanks to your family for sharing your amazing story with us! You're a gem, Dancer, and your family so very lucky to have a beautiful, magnificent 4 legged friend and companion in you! Enjoy your well earned day in the spotlight, Dancer, and every minute of your happy new life! Lots of love to you, beautiful Dancer! Wishing for you and your family many, many more wonderful years together!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Dancer is amazing, such a beautiful horse! Huge fan of Dancer now. So happy to see all the photos and video, livin' here to in Surrey B.C. too. Beautiful day, yesterday and today eh?

Wow! Dancer, What a beautiful horse you are--just stunning. I am so glad you now have people in your life who know how to interact with a horse. Hopefully in months to come you will settle in nicely and be glad to be there. Good luck everyone with Dancer. I hope you have many more years being a happy and healthy horse. Congrats on being POTD!

My handsome man

Thanks everyone for all the comments, he is definitely my lovely boy! He has the best puppy dog personality, and will do anything for a treat!

Hello, Dancer! I enjoyed watching your video clips! I'm not exactly sure what a "join up" is, but it was fun to watch you moving beautifully! I agree completely with what everyone has said - you were adopted by someone who knows how to help you be your best, and now it is time to have all sorts of fun, learn new skills, and have a terrific life! Happy, happy Pet of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what a "join up" is, but it was fun to watch you moving beautifully!
    Hi Cassiesmom : )

Join up is achieved when you apply pressure to the horse, in the video my husband chases Dancer away, and after watching for certain cues that the horse responds to your pressure and recognizes you as a leader or "lead mare." When you remove the pressure, by not chasing the horse and walking away, you create a tether effect, and the horse will follow you like it has an invisible lead line on. That moment is called Join Up!

This is really important when training a horse, because a joined up horse sees you as a leader that offers direction and security. So when you go to put a saddle on them etc, they trust that you aren't trying to hurt them.

It's a very gentle method, and in this manner, my hubby and I manage to saddle break horses in an afternoon usually.

Dancer what a stunning fellow you are!!!

I am so glad you found a family who speak 'horse' to live with!!! You certianly look like a happy guy in your wonderful pictures. Seeing them certainly brightened my cold day!!! Please thank your loving family for sharing you with us.

Congratulations, sweet Dancer, on being our very special Pet of the Day!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~