Thread: Speical Senior Bruce!

Speical Senior Bruce!

What a sleek and handsome brindle greyhound you are Bruce! We are so glad you were rescued when you were injured on the racetrack, and then you landed yourself a great home! You do not look a day older than two! I think you look adorable in your winter fleece, we know Greyhounds just do not have enough fur for a snowy winter, and we are glad you let your humans dress you up before they take you outside! We are so glad you were adopted by the right family, and you can never have to worry about things again! I am sure you can still run like the wind when you feel like it, but now you get car rides for fun! I hope you get an extra car-ride to celebrate your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    Aww, Bruce is the very best of the best! Such a sublime DOTD, please forward giant hugs and smooches from us! Love ya brindle Bruce!

Bruce

congratulations on being Dog of the Day
    You have won the race called life.
    You have a forever home.
    People who love you.
    Doggies that love you
    A warm house and cloths
    Plenty of food.
    A soft place to sleep with plenty of toys.
    Who could ask for anything more?
    Celebrate your special day

gorgeous greyhound

What a gorgeous pair of greys you have. We have 3 retired racers. We lost one at 3 mos. past 10 years on April 1 of this year and he was a big, beutiful brindle like your boy. We now have an 8 1/2, 10 1/2 and will be 13 in a mo. The latter is a forever foster who is doing so well with the other two. She is having pain in hips, lower back so takes pain pills and my husband built a ramp for her (and the others) to use with the 4 steps from our deck to the backyard. She's been with us about 2 mos. now. I volunteer for turnout at our rescue shelter. We got a load of 32 dogs from FL yesterday so I'm anxious to meet all of them on Wednesday. Your greys look loved, and why shouldn't they be. They are magnificent creatures who deserve loving homes. Your dogs are blessed to have you and your wife and visa versa.

Love the main pic of you and your pawpie, Bruce! And the other pics with your retired greyhound family. People who rescue these beautiful elegant doggies and give them the life that they so richly deserve are heroes!

Bruce and Minnie

Bruce, what a handsome guy you are, and your sister Minnie is cute too!

Being retired is greyt, isn't it?

From your 7 houndie friends in Canada.

Beautiful Bruce!

Hi Bruce! Happy Dog of the Day to you!

What a beautiful boy you are, Bruce! How adorable you look, all decked out in your comfy-cozy, warm and toasty hat and outerwear; cuddling with sweet sister Minnie, and your stuffie! Something about you Greys that tugs on my heart strings extra hard...your beautiful faces, your gentleness, your sad backstories followed by so many heartwarming, happy "new beginnings! I'm so happy for you (and Minnie), having found your way to such a caring and devoted forever family, knowing you both are finally living that peaceful, love filled life you always deserved! Speaking of the "good life," how about those thrice daily car rides, those walks around the lake, those "meet and greets!" I have a dear friend who's mom to a rescued Grey, so I've learned first hand (videos and pics), just how fun those "meet and greets" are!

Yes, you and Minnie couldn't be more blessed, but luckiest of all are your dear mom and dad, knowing your (and Minnie's) love and companionship! Great thanks to them for providing a happy home to so many deserving Greys! Rescue is definitely the way to go, and you and Minnie are living proof of that!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! I hope you and Minnie are both enjoying a very happy day of celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces! You both deserve all that and more! Love, hugs and smooches to you, beautiful Bruce, and to Minnie too! P.S...We hear your Minnesotans are getting socked with snow, experiencing frigid temps, so bundle up!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Hello, Bruce and Minnie! Bruce, you look very nice in your warm fleece! There are days when you need an extra "layer" for the weather and your caring people put it on for you! And you both look very content in your pictures together! I bet you give your people tons of smiles and happiness, and also plenty of smiles to the people you may meet at the meet and greet events! One Saturday I went to the post office and a young couple came walking with their dog. The lady went inside while the man and dog waited outside. It took just a split second before people were asking questions and asking if they might pet the dog. It was neat to see! I bet you are a wonderful ambassador for Greyhounds and the importance of adoption and proper care. Could you please have your people give both of you some big hugs for me. I also heard on the news about some rough weather north of Chicago so please be warm and safe and happy Dog of the Day to Bruce and Minnie too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678