Thread: Your thoughts on this?

Your thoughts on this?

An ex- friend of mine has six dogs total,three of these dogs are pitbulls (All males,two are neutered). The other dogs are a pitbull/lab mix (female) and the other is a spaniel (cocker) mix (female). The two younger male pitbulls were taken in by her a few years ago,both were neglected. Both of these dogs are brothers and started fighting with each other as soon as they turned 6 months old.

She took them in to get neutered,but that didn't stop the fighting,so now they stay in crates. She only allows one out at a time with the other three dogs. She has told me she can't handle taking any of them for a walk,etc so they only get to go outside to potty,that is it. Just recently,she took in yet another dog, (pitbull/chihuahua) and has been buying this dog clothes,toys,crate,etc.

Tonight,the younger male pitbull attacked this puppy so badly,she needed to be taken to a vet. The puppy has bite marks all over her face,ears and a swollen head. She said the male dog was eating and the puppy walked by,and the dog attacked. This happened before with his sibling,and the other dog was injured as well.

She informed me tonight that her fiance wanted to take the dog to the other house they own across the street, and leave him in there to keep him from doing this again. She told him no,because there is no heat at that other house. I told her "you knew he was food aggressive because of the incident earlier this year (which she had to use the toilet plunger and hit the dog over the head several times,to get him to let go of the other dog),why don't you find this puppy a more suitable home?" Find someone who can work on the food aggression with the dog who attacked.

She now has made up her mind that if it happens again,the dog she claims she rescued,is going to find another home. None of the rescues in the area she lives in wants anything to do with her,because she told the rescue she would foster a female (pregnant) cat for them. When it came time for the kittens and mother to be taken back to the rescue to get shots,fixed,etc she refused to pay the adoption fee to re-adopt the mother and one of the kittens. When one of the volunteers came to her house to do a home check,she wouldn't allow the woman inside her house.There was no paperwork signed by her from this rescue to foster,so now all of the kittens have been left with her (2 were given away unfixed). She has not only six dogs living in her house,across the street in the garage are eleven cats. Why this rescue allowed her to foster,is beyond me. I am wondering what's everyones thoughts are on this?

How sad, it seems she has not the resources or the mental wherewithal to realize she is doing more harm than good! It is hard to know what could be done, if talking to her does not good. Perhaps Animal Control could be contacted about the 11 cats in the unheated house across the street, but it just sounds awful. You say all the rescues in the area know about her, I hope this is true. That food-agressive dog needs intensive training, and probably should be an only dog! I feel bad for all the animals, really. None of them sound happy, or safe.
    I've Been Frosted

I agree, someone needs to tip the ACO to get involved.

Call, and keep calling, animal control. This person needs to be stopped.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Agreed - this needs to be stopped - and before one of the animals is seriously injured or killed.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I have emailed animal control several times and they told me there's nothing they can do. Apparently,there is an animal limit (3 dogs and 3 cats) but when I asked animal control about it,they said there wasn't a limit to cats;but never told me the limit for dogs. I do not live in the same state as she does,so I don't know what laws are for Michigan. The animal control in the area is one that apparently is getting heat from the public,so they just don't care. If I knew someone who could inform them about the conditions,and get them to actually do something,I would give an address.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg383 View Post
    I have emailed animal control several times and they told me there's nothing they can do. Apparently,there is an animal limit (3 dogs and 3 cats) but when I asked animal control about it,they said there wasn't a limit to cats;but never told me the limit for dogs. I do not live in the same state as she does,so I don't know what laws are for Michigan. The animal control in the area is one that apparently is getting heat from the public,so they just don't care. If I knew someone who could inform them about the conditions,and get them to actually do something,I would give an address.
    Try city/town hall in her town, as well as the police department. If Animal Control is already getting heat, maybe someone in another branch of local government will find a way to step in. Also contact the local media where she is, it cannot hurt.
    I've Been Frosted