Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ember is not working out. :(

Catty1, I'm glad Kyubey could bring a smile to her face! He was sure a ridiculously cute kitten!

SpiritSerpents, you aren't going to recognize the sweet boy I'm bringing in today!!

you are doing the right thing for both Kyubey and Ember. My Kimba always played very aggressively with Mac andMing. Now that they have passed he is a total sweetheart, just the cuddliest, lovingest, cat you could ever have. I think we will be a one cat family for awhile.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

Quote Originally Posted by catmandu View Post
    That is sad as Ember will only get so many chances before he is labeled a problem Cat and is PTS.

No, he will not be. We've had cats on *true* bite quarantines that still go up for adoption. We have a cat currently who you CANNOT pet because she'll swat the *expletive* out of you. If they are completely feral, but healthy, they become 'garden' or 'working' cats and are adopted out to barns.

We only euthanise for SEVERE health or behavioural problems, and the behavioural is mostly for dogs. We've had cats with kidney disease, currently have 2 hyperthyroid cats, and a 10 year old cat with some sort of liver disease who we placed a feeding tube, did an exploratory, took a liver biopsy and performed a cystotomy to remove the bladder stones.

That's why I still have Bramble. That's why we have a ward set aside for ringworm kitties. That's why we have a puppy with scabies and have 5 puppies on a 14 day parvo quarantine.

I was just about to suggest that he be an only cat when you mentioned it. Surely there is someone who will take a kitten and that has no other pets.
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11