Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Introducing Buddy formerly known as Little Pumpkin

Introducing Buddy formerly known as Little Pumpkin

Hi everyone. I know it's been a long time since I've even been on PT but I had to share some news. I'm now the proud owner of a small dog now named Buddy. My boyfriend has owned a few dogs and he really missed having one so I began looking for a small one. Since I live in a condo it had to be under 25lbs and I also didn't want a yappy dog. I found one through petfinder in tailchasers rescue group. My co-worker who has also been looking for a dog was the one who informed me of this rescue group. We had both applied for a little puppy named Snoopy but she was denied since she still has an older dog and one family was ahead of me in meeting him and they decided to adopt him so I never got to meet him. I then found a dog named Little Pumpkin who was being fostered in Manteca,CA. The foster mom was able to meet us in Tracy,CA at a sports venue. It was still about an hours drive to get there. His adoption fee was only $40 and he was neutered. I also thought that he was up to date on shots but he wasn't which I was very surprised to find out. So I adopted him last Saturday and he's been pretty good so far. He's about 8 months old and about 8lbs. He loves people and other dogs but has never been around cats. He also seems to have some separation anxiety and we're trying to get him crate trained. He does sleep with us at night because he goes crazy in his crate if he doesn't. What breed/breeds do you think he is? I'll let you know what people and the rescue group listed him as later. Here's his petfinder picture and a video that his foster mom took of him playing with her dogs. Enjoy!!!

Congratulations, and welcome to Pet Talk, Buddy! I hope you like kitties!
    I've Been Frosted

Well, the color is perfect

He's adorable, Tracey. How do the cats like him?

OMG!!! Congratulations Tracey, you are now part of the dog world! How are the cats taking to this new furry family member? It definitely looks like there is a bit of Chihuahua in there somewhere. Great color! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by wolflady View Post
    It definitely looks like there is a bit of Chihuahua in there somewhere.;-)
    That's what I was thinking too! I like his golden brown coat, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Congratulations! The face looks very chihuahua-like. With the long legs and long neck, possibly some Italian Greyhound? Sometimes mixes can be very surprising though!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Depending on personality, Definitely Chihuahua and maybe part Rat Terrier or red Mini Pin ... but as he's pretty quiet, maybe the aforementioned Italian Greyhound is more likely than the terrier.
    I've Been Frosted

He is adorable!!!
    I'd go with the Chihuahua/Italian Greyhound too. Definitely not pure Chi.

Welcome to a great home Buddy!!!
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

The rescue group had him listed as an Italian greyhound/minpin mix but the shelter that he was pulled from listed him as chihuahua. When I took him to the vet the vet techs thought he looked and acted like an Italian greyhound but the pharmacy tech said he looks just like her minpin. I think he may have a mix of all 3 breeds. He has long legs and a long neck. He also tends to get cold easily. He whimpers more than he barks. He likes to chase the cats but things are getting better. The cats are always on high alert for him but they can be in the same room with each other as long as Buddy is preoccupied or on the couch with us. He really is a good dog.

welcome to Dog-Mom-dom!!! Definitely a Chi mix!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Blog Entries
    Buddy sure is cute. Congratulations
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Oh My! Congrats on having Buddy! He sure is cute and my first thought was "Chihuahua". My LilGirl (see below) is part Chihuahua (mother) and Rat Terrier (father). She is very sweet and has never been snappy or whatever chi's have a bad rep for doing. Even my vet & the techs say LilGirl is not like the typical chi that they see. Anyway Buddy sure is adorable!

I think Buddy is super cute

I will miss you forever, my sweet Scooter Bug. You were my best friend. 9/21/1995 - 1/23/2010
    Goodbye, Oreo. Gone too soon. 4/2003 - 9/12/2011.
    Farewell & Godspeed, sweet Jadie Francine. You took a piece of my heart with you. 11/2002 - 8/8/2016
    Charlie kitty, aka: Mr. Meowy. Our home is far too silent now. 2003-6/14/2018

15. Oh hes super cute!

he deff has the greyhoundy like head an ears ^^