Thread: Handsome Jack the Lab!

Handsome Jack the Lab!

How fortune it is that your new humans rescued you from the shelter that day! We know that Labradors are active, energetic dogs, and it is no wonder you were "overweight and over-wrought" being in a shelter setting for so long! We are glad you people immediately knew what you really needed - love, exercise and the right care! You are now such a good-looking senior - that white face gives away your age, but nothing else does! We are glad your people not only helped you back to good health, but inspired by you, now have a business to help other doggies and they people, too! And it is nice you now have a sister, and you can help Maggie as she learns all the joy that can come when one is a loved dog in a good home! You have hit the Jack-pot, cutie! Enjoy your big day, and your wonderful future, and maybe you will have some special toys or treats to celebrate!
    I've Been Frosted

You're so handsome Jack!!! I'm so glad you were rescued! It sounds like you have found yourself in a wonderful home!

Congrats on being DOTD! I hope you and Maggie have a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Brave, beautiful Jack!

Good morning, Jack! Happy Labbie Dog of the Day to you, sweetheart!

As a lifelong, Lab loving family, all I can say is God Bless your family for giving you, and your sister Maggie, a 2nd chance at a happy life! I can't imagine how a beautiful Labbie boy such as you came to find himself in a shelter, at age 6; languishing there, being passed over, for over a year! And it breaks my heart even more to imagine the life you were leading before you were surrendered, "overweight and overwrought." You waited far too long for that committed, caring forever family to come along, but find them you did, and how far you've come under their loving care; Prozac free, healthy and fit, enjoying life to its fullest! As any Lab savvy family will tell you, Retrievers are high energy dogs, requiring regular exercise, and more importantly, love...being with their people, participating in family activities; they're family!

Well, those sad and lonely days are but a distant memory now, Jack, for you and sister Maggie, and we couldn't be happier for you both! And yes, what an inspiration your rescue story is, what a source of encouragement and motivation your family's (your) business is, helping other pet families to deal with their challenges! How well you have paid it forward, Jack, and how lucky your family is, having a brave, beautiful best friend in you!

Thanks for starting my day off on such a happy note, sweetheart! Wishing for you and dear sister Maggie, a very special day of celebration, and many, many more happy, carefree, love filled years with your wonderful family! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Jack, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day! Lots of love to Maggie, too!

Maggie Masters the Doggie Door!

http://slimdoggy.com/maggie-masters-the-dog-door/

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Jack

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You will spend your senior years in a loving home with a doggy friend.
    Who could ask for anything more?
    Celebrate your special day with some healthy treats and maybe
    extra nap time. I love senior dogs.

I know a 7 year old lab mix who won't be happy that I'm going to check out your website!!

Congrats on being our dog of the day!! You are so handsome!!!!

Hello, beautiful Jack! I too am overweight, and I can't run - but I would love to go for a walk with you! And Maggie, if she likes to walk too. You are beautiful! How wonderful that you and Maggie were rescued and are now enjoying all the pleasures, fun, delights and happiness of being loved doggies! Happy Dog of the Day to Jack and to Maggie too!

p.s., I was just looking at your blog and reading the story about Maggie and the doggie door ! Go, Maggie! And Maggie, Jack and the big waste bin, I bet there were many interesting smells in the bin Could you please have your people give you a big hug for me ((HUGS)))
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 10-30-2014 at 03:17 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Jack is so adorable, gotta love Jack 4 sure! Excellent DOTD!