Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My Poor Scrappy Two , I think she had a stroke.

My Vet is coming Tomorrow to examine and needle all the Found Hotel Cats , and do a preliminary examination of My Miracle Cat.
    But he warned me that if it was a stoke, there was little that could be done.
    Scrappy Two is walking running and meewing, she is almost like a Kitten.
    Thank You so much for your prayers and good wishes.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Prayers, love, and scritches for SCrappy Two. Hugs for Gary.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Scrappy Two is on her way to the Vets, and the vet assistant thinks that Scrappy Two may have lost her eye sight.
    She does not seem to found hand motion, and has to be led to her food.
    I will give all the time I can, I will fight for my Little Miracle Cat

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.

Oh my not at all what we thought. Holding her in my prayers.

gary,

Sending you prayers.

Sorry to hear about S2..

We are continuing to send all our prayers and love and healing energies and warmth and Angel kisses to our dearest Scrappy Two and you, Gary.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am sending up prayers for dear Scrappy Two. I hope it is a temporary loss of sight for her.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

You and Scrappy 2 will be in my prayers.

My Vet emailed and confirmed that Scrappy Two has lost a lot of her vision, but is not totally blind.
    She has a dental cleaning , and a vitamin supplement in her food so she will be better.
    Our Cats do not see as much as they smell , and she does have Panther and Miquelito and Mickey Fluffy Tail to help her.
    WE thank you so much for all the prayers and good wishes.

Oh, Gary, I'm so glad this is not quite as serious as had been feared! Now that you know what's going on, you all will adapt in whatever ways will work best for her.

God bless! More prayers and warm energies and love are being sent.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm glad it wasn't something more serious, Gary. I hope you and Scrappy Two enjoy many more years together.
    Proud to be a crazy cat lady!

I'm curious if the vet has any idea what caused the vision loss.

Having a vision impaired kitty in the house will be new for you, Gary. At least, I think so; can't recall you ever writing about having one. I know for dogs, they learn their way starting from the water bowl. That is their reference point. So guardians of vision impaired dogs are advised not to relocate the water bowl. Should the dog ever get 'turned around,' it just makes its way to the water bowl, and starts off again. I'm not familiar with how this works for a cat. Perhaps you will want to search online.

The more obvious thing is not to move furniture. As she adapts, she will be back to jumping up on chairs and such. For some people, decorating for Christmas involves moving furniture. (Making room for a tree). Anyway, redecorating, relocating furniture, should be kept to a minimum.

Also keep the litter boxes where they have always been.

It's nice that she has lived with you when she could see well. This means she is already familiar with everything.

We had a Blind Cat Ebony who was blinded in a lab that went under and left with the Animals in cages.
    Ebony was visited by Moose , Joseph and Michael , but he was scared of me.
    I made a fort for Ebony in the bath tub with his litter box and food where he could get to them, and a lady Vet came from Animal Rescue to give him shots.
    He did not last long , only 7 months , but at least he was a Found Hotel Cat when he became an Angel.
    Scrappy Two is home, and with clean teeth and vitamins is eating up a storm.
    My Vet thinks that whether or not it was a stroke is a moot point.
    Her sight is impaired, but her balance is a lot better, and she can find her food and Sydney ChristinOfur was washing her.
    My Little Miracle Cat is home.

Oh, what good news! Welcome back HOME, darling sweet beloved dearest little Scrappy Two! And how nice that Sydney ChristinOfur washed you! Sydney Angel is with you always, of course.

All the other kitties and your dear Dad are so glad to have you back home. You will do just fine now!

Death thought about it.

Glad to hear Scrappy Two is home and some better albeit with a vision problem. Hope she has more good days to come.