Thread: George is 8 mos old today

George is 8 mos old today

George is 8 months old today. As I told you last week, George now spends part of his time outside and he loves it. I love it too because it makes him calmer inside the house. Sometimes he's so tired all he wants to do is sleep LOL. The dogs love it too. Here are a few photos of my growing boy.... Kay in NC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9864.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	58802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9865.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	58803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9842-001.JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	997.4 KB 
ID:	58804   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9864-001.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	488.8 KB 
ID:	58805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9846.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	58806  

Happy 8th Lunarday George!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Happy 8th, Gorgeous George. It looks like you and the great outdoors are a match - you just look so happy. Have fun, and be careful out there..........

Does anyone reading this remember who the real Gorgeous George was? I'm probably dating myself with this one, but I remember because of my Dad - not really so much me. No cheating by Googling it either.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Dearest young Georgie, happy 8-months Purrrthday!!!

What a fine young man you are growing up to be!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Happy 8th, Gorgeous George. It looks like you and the great outdoors are a match - you just look so happy. Have fun, and be careful out there..........

Does anyone reading this remember who the real Gorgeous George was? I'm probably dating myself with this one, but I remember because of my Dad - not really so much me. No cheating by Googling it either.
    I don't know how I know but I think Gorgeous George was a wrestler. I don't think I ever saw him wrestle on tv but I do know the name... at least I think I do. My George was NOT named because of him LOL.

Happy 8-month day, beautiful kitty George! You're so handsome!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sure do, Ellie. A rather flashy pro wrestler from more years ago than I care to admit. When I was growing up we spent many weekends with Mom's family upstate New York. On Saturday nights my cousins and I stayed with Grandma while our parents went out. For us it was a big treat - once we had our baths and were ready for bed, Grandma would make us treats and let us watch wrestling on tv. Back then tv was only balck & white. Oops, does that age both of us?

Hey there George! It's so great to know that you can play outside in your beautiful yard. There's so much to explore, see, and do out there. I love the picture of you climbing down the tree. Sending lovies just for you.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Yup - Kay and Eileen got it right about Gorgeous George. And the winning prize is none other than.............................................. ..........................

Drum roll please............................................ .................................................. ...........

A curly blonde wig.

My mother always razzed dad about watching GG on b&w t.v. But way back then, there wasn't a whole lot to choose from on 3 (?) channels. Remember they "signed off" each night with The Star Spangled Banner and then the "test pattern" showed until they went back on the air the next day????? How t.v. has changed!!!
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Yup - Kay and Eileen got it right about Gorgeous George. And the winning prize is none other than.............................................. ..........................

Drum roll please............................................ .................................................. ...........

A curly blonde wig.

My mother always razzed dad about watching GG on b&w t.v. But way back then, there wasn't a whole lot to choose from on 3 (?) channels. Remember they "signed off" each night with The Star Spangled Banner and then the "test pattern" showed until they went back on the air the next day????? How t.v. has changed!!!
    And we always had to let the tv warm up before we could watch anything. I can also remember my Dad taking the back off when the tv didn't work, take out the dead tube thing then go to the store for a new tube of some sort. Replace the old one - good as new and no degree in engineering required.

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    And we always had to let the tv warm up before we could watch anything. I can also remember my Dad taking the back off when the tv didn't work, take out the dead tube thing then go to the store for a new tube of some sort. Replace the old one - good as new and no degree in engineering required.
    Yup - my dad was hi-tech, and finally got some gadget where he could test the tubes in the t.v. and old radio at home. If one wasn't actually dead,, but just weak, he would replace it before it completely died out. I often wonder what my parents would think of today's technology -- computers, IPads, Pods & phones, flat panel t.v.'s, digital cameras - and digital EVERYTHING - and on and on and on. I suppose all this technology that WE have right now, will look primitive when we are gone, and the grandkids will wonder how we ever lived this way.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Sorry Kay - I didn't mean to hi-jack cute little George's thread and rain on his parade.

And George Kitty - you are so much more adorable than that other George.

Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3

RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013

Sorry Kay - I didn't mean to hi-jack cute little George's thread and rain on his parade.

And George Kitty - you are so much more adorable than that other George.

I'm sorry too, this was literally a blast from the past.
    George, it's a lot more fun watching you climb your tree and hunt in your yard than watching that other George. You're beautiful and purrfect in every way just as you are Can't wait to see more pictures of handsome you. While you're outside please be careful and do exactly what Meowmie says. She'll make sure you're safe. Sending lovies and smoochies