Thread: Standing ovation for Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers

Standing ovation for Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers

Vickers is a retired member of the RCMP. An online commenter noted "His demeanour is a credit to him. It is obvious that he took no pleasure in killing this man but that he takes his duty seriously. He is a good man, a great Canadian."

An emotional opening to today's sitting of the House of Commons. The daily Speaker's Parade to the House is led by Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers, who shot and killed the gunman in yesterday's attack. Watch raw video as MPs give him a standing ovation.
    https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10152802025764604
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Bless him, may he find comfort and peace knowing what he did was the right thing!
    I've Been Frosted

My word, he was crying. A good man, indeed.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

God bless Sergeant-at-arms Kevin Vickers. A good man, indeed.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

As a Canadian, in light of this appalling tragedy, I am so proud of Sergeant-at-arms Vickers!

I agree. Kevin Vickers was not only a hero for the Canadian people, but also for the free world.

Touching editorial cartoon, Halifax Chronicle Herald

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Kevin Vickers is one extraordinary man, he remained calm and focused while doing what needed to be done. My Canadian friends, my heart shattered when I first heard this terrible news both for you and for Canada. The coverage was on the Philadelphia news all day. During the evening news a local tv station showed the editorial shared by Phesina, it's so on point that I can't refer to it as a cartoon. It's much too beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. That night a Canadian hockey team played a US team here, don't remember the teams or where it was played but it was a full house. As the Canadian team was introduced the lights changed to gold as they got a standing ovation. A spotlight focused on the Maple Leaf as every fan stood to sing "Oh Canada". Not a dry eye in the house. If anyone knows how the game finished up, please let me know? I don't follow hockey or sports in general but I was cheering for Canada to take this one.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Kevin Vickers is a humble, Canadian hero. He did his duty that he was trained for. I'm proud of him. Well done sir.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21