My brother's birthday is on Monday. Normally I am dead-set against getting pets as gifts, but he has been talking about getting a corn snake fora long time, and recently he mentioned being almost ready to go out and get one and I asked him to wait until after his birthday. He said color didn't matter to him, he just wanted a friendly snake and preferably an adult. My original plan was to get him a snake at the Sacramento reptile expo, but then a co-worker mentioned that one of the teachers in her vet tech program was looking to re-home an adult corn and did I know anyone who wanted one? Uh, yeah!!

He's definitely got friendly down...having been a classroom pet he is quite accustomed to handling. He's also FAT. He looks like a big ol' sausage. I'll suggest that my brother only feed him every 2-3 weeks until he looks more like a healthy snake than a bratwurst. He doesn't have a name yet, since the school thought he was a she. He's staying with me until Monday, and I'm very fond of the little fellow already!

A cat bed you say? Looks like a snake bed to me!

He is an albino corn snake, but he's right on the verge of being what's called a Sunglow. Sunglows are specially bred to have bright color and no white borders around their markings. He's not the brightest example I've seen, but he's certainly nicer looking than the average albino corn!

See the teeny bit of white around his markings? In most albinos, that's a thin line that surrounds the dark saddles.

Highlighter yellow belly checkers!

Yeah...soo....he shouldn't be that big around.