Thread: A new scaly face (He's not staying!)

A new scaly face (He's not staying!)

My brother's birthday is on Monday. Normally I am dead-set against getting pets as gifts, but he has been talking about getting a corn snake fora long time, and recently he mentioned being almost ready to go out and get one and I asked him to wait until after his birthday. He said color didn't matter to him, he just wanted a friendly snake and preferably an adult. My original plan was to get him a snake at the Sacramento reptile expo, but then a co-worker mentioned that one of the teachers in her vet tech program was looking to re-home an adult corn and did I know anyone who wanted one? Uh, yeah!!

He's definitely got friendly down...having been a classroom pet he is quite accustomed to handling. He's also FAT. He looks like a big ol' sausage. I'll suggest that my brother only feed him every 2-3 weeks until he looks more like a healthy snake than a bratwurst. He doesn't have a name yet, since the school thought he was a she. He's staying with me until Monday, and I'm very fond of the little fellow already!

A cat bed you say? Looks like a snake bed to me!

He is an albino corn snake, but he's right on the verge of being what's called a Sunglow. Sunglows are specially bred to have bright color and no white borders around their markings. He's not the brightest example I've seen, but he's certainly nicer looking than the average albino corn!

See the teeny bit of white around his markings? In most albinos, that's a thin line that surrounds the dark saddles.

Highlighter yellow belly checkers!

Yeah...soo....he shouldn't be that big around.

What a handsome snakey you are! Glad you have your new forever home all lined up, and you new human will be so happy to have a snake of his every own. We think you look more like a snake than a bratwurst like your silly auntie says! Sure, you are well fed, but now that you will be in a good, snake-=smart home, we are sure you will slim down in no time!
    I've Been Frosted

Beautiful <3

Clover, Loki, Shadow, Pixel and Kyo

Hee hee, okay he's not a sausage, just a wee bit roly poly.

Blog Entries
    Corn snakes sure have pretty markings & he sure is a beauty. It looks like he has claimed the nice soft cat bed as his own.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Fourth photo from the bottom: "I can make myself into a loop, and you can't. Snake yoga!" I like the patterns on his skin, and the even lighter yellow you pointed out in the one picture. Some of them do look like corn kernels and others are more like tiles of the darker and lighter colors. I've learned so much about snakes from you, Snakemama!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Well! My brother named his new friend Sunny, and I don't know if I've ever seen him so ecstatic!

What a beautiful snake! I'm sure your brother is beyond happy!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla