I know some cats tend to put on weight after these procedures,, but in all my years of cats, I've never had this issue. Princess Leia was spayed in May, and tho she hasn't gained much weight (she's a little over 8 lbs and 11 months old), her shape is changing dramatically. She has gotten so ROUND, that I've started calling her "Barrel Belly". A couple of days ago, she was sitting and looking out the front outside door while I had the inside door open, and with the view from the back, she looked like a hairy basketball with a head and tail. She doesn't eat a lot, and is normally active, so maybe it's a trait in Maine Coons - which she has in her.

Harley and Luke are just BIG all over. When they went for the last of their shots a couple of weeks ago, Harley weighed in at 11 lbs - up from 10.1 lbs the month before. And super-sized Luke weighed in at 12 lbs - up from 11 lbs the month before. That made him 1/10 of a pound less than Wolfy weighs, since Wolf had been for his Lyme's at his vet and weighed 12.1 lbs just the day before. I'm certain that Luke now weighs MORE than Wolf does - he is already bigger in stature. When he and Harley go to the vet and each have to go in a cat carrier, I practically have to grease them to stuff each one in. One carrier is a little bigger than the other, but it's still a tight fit! I'm probably going to have to use Wolfy's dog carrier and put both in there next time they go together. And these guys at 11 months are still babies and still growing.

Okay - so any ideas on Miss Princess Leia - Barrel Belly/Balloon/Basketball???? Awww - I'm so bad for saying that. She's turned into a real lovebug-sweetheart - after being very elusive before she was spayed.