Thread: Shutter Cutie!

Shutter Cutie!

We absolutely love your name, Shutter! What a clever puppy you were - you recognized him as the right human for you, and sealed the deal with a lick to his chin! You look like a well-mixed boy, and your long, low form makes me suspect some PBGV in your gene pool! You shaggy coat is just adorable, and you are just as happy-looking now as a dog can be! That coat looks perfect for Los Angeles weather, thick enough to shield you from the hot sun, but not so heavy you overheat! We love that you are now such a great big brother, too - and I am sure you are teaching the new kids everything they need to know! Congratulations Shutter, it is your big day!
    I've Been Frosted

I love terrier type dogs. I too own a terrier mix that I rescued. Thank you for bringing awareness to animals in shelters. There are so many dogs and cats that need homes. Why buy a dog when you can get a perfectly good one from a pound or a rescue group?

Shutter

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You hit the jackpot with your forever home.
    Now you even have playmates. Every dog needs a dog friend.
    I just can't understand how anyone could abandon animals.
    Fortunately there are good people in the world that take care
    of mistreated pets. You found yours.

Adorable Shutter!

Greetings Shutter! Happy Dog of the Day!

What a wonderful way to brighten my dark and drizzly morning, seeing your BIG, beautiful self smiling back at me, reading your daddy David's heartwarming words, and oh, seeing your fab photo spread! In addition to being the best forever daddy imaginable, David is one incredibly talented photographer! His photos are beyond heart melting! Then again, with subject matter as photogenic, as precious as you and your sibbies, how could he lose! We couldn't agree more with your daddy's wise words when he says, "adopt don't shop!" The rescue route in definitely the way to go, and you (and all of your adorable furry sibs) are living, loving proof of that! Oh, what a painfully precious trio you and your 2 furry amigos, make! How well your daddy has been rewarded, Shutter, being surrounded by so much furry love! Great thanks to him
    for using his artistry to put into focus, literally, the faces of so many deserving doggies awaiting their forever families, for opening up his home and heart to 3 such deserving doggies, and to your rescue group for saving you and your littermates for an unspeakable fate! It's so discouraging, heartbreaking, to think that anyone could abandon helpless, defenseless creatures. But with loving, compassionate people such as your daddy, groups such as DASH Animal Rescue stepping up to the plate, I have hope for this oft times cruel, uncaring world! Hopefully they will all find their way to forever families as special as yours!

Enjoy your well earned day of honor, sweetheart, celebrating to the max with Reesee and Porthos, all of you being loved and pampered to pieces by your proud papa! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, adorable Shutter, and to darling Reesee and Porthos, too!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you!

Shutter, Reesee, Porthos, and I wish to thank everyone for all the kind words and a special thank you to Karen and Paul for the honor of Shutter being selected as "Dog of the Day". They are my family, my friends, my pack. And I am theirs.

Always,
    -David and Shutter

Oh my goodness, Shutter! What an amazing story! You are a little shaggy, a lot handsome and 100% adorable! I smiled at all your pictures but especially the one tatsxxx11 re-posted and the one of you with the ball, playing with Porthos and Reesee! I am sending you a huge hug this afternoon because you brightened my cloudy, sloppy afternoon! Happy, happy Dog of the Day to Shutter, Porthos and Reesee!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    OMG! Shutter is adorable!! So is the whole family, just can't say enough good things about Shutter and all the wonderful photos, best DOTD like, ever

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Shutter - what a wonderful story that your amazing Dad wrote. I am almost speechless, and definitely a little teary-eyed.

Congratulations little pup, on being selected as today's DOTD - such a wonderful life you have now.

And to you, David Brown - bless you for all that you have done, and continue to do, for the little ones that are powerless to do for themselves. Your pictures, and your dedication, are just priceless.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Just an amazing story.

Shutter you sure have captured all our hearts. HUGS to you and your dear Dad

Hello Shutter, it's a pleasure to meet you and your human David. How fortunate that you were adopted and have a loving caring home. Your photos are terrific! I hope you have many happy healthy years with your human. Congrats on being DOTD!