Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kia at the Whitecoats - Lymphoma

Hope everything goes as well as it can, spoil the heck you of her in the time you have left. Lady turned a terminal cancer diagnosis into another year or so, so, as others have said, the 3 weeks is a guess.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

I hope and pray that she is with you for a lot longer than three weeks, Ramanth
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    It's difficult to think of anything really comforting to say at a time like this, but you and Kia will be in my prayers. May her final days be comfortable, peaceful, and happy. Try to stay bright and happy while she is with you, so that she sees the happiness that she had with you, and not the sadness that you now are experiencing.

{{{HUGS}}}
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

I'm sorry to hear this. Enjoy your beautiful girl in the time you have left together. You'll both be in my prayers.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I saw this on facebook and it's just devastating news.

I hope Kia beats the odds and if she gets any prednisone to help her appetite, she should be enjoying all the great food you spoil her with!

hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Prayers for you and Kia. I hope she exceeds expectations.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I am very sorry to hear this news about Kia. It is hard to realize that your beautiful girl would ever get old. :( Our pet's only fault, not living long enough.
    I hope & pray that Kia has more happy, peaceful days with you.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Kia has been hanging in there. I had friends from out of town visit and we took Kia to one of her favorite parks for a photoshoot. It was great seeing her perked up and enjoying the smells.

Kia still stays hydrated and goes outside to eliminate however she doesn't have the strength to get up on her own and can no longer climb the steps without assistance. When I get her up on her feet her walk is now more like a drunken swagger. All food has to be hand fed or the bowl brought to her. She appears to be in good spirits otherwise. I think she's mostly frustrated that her limbs won't go where she wants them to.

I don't think it'll be long now.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Quote Originally Posted by ramanth View Post
    Kia has been hanging in there. I had friends from out of town visit and we took Kia to one of her favorite parks for a photoshoot. It was great seeing her perked up and enjoying the smells.

Kia still stays hydrated and goes outside to eliminate however she doesn't have the strength to get up on her own and can no longer climb the steps without assistance. When I get her up on her feet her walk is now more like a drunken swagger. All food has to be hand fed or the bowl brought to her. She appears to be in good spirits otherwise. I think she's mostly frustrated that her limbs won't go where she wants them to.

I don't think it'll be long now.
    Can you rig a sling for her back end so she can walk with assistance for now? Give her a hug from me!
    I've Been Frosted

I don't mind assisting and carrying her but I have to ask myself what kind of life is that? It's the hard questions that stink.

I don't mind assisting and carrying her but I have to ask myself what kind of life is that? It's the hard questions that stink.
    Absolutely, I know your pain. I was just thinking that might give her a boost emotionally.
    I've Been Frosted

Awww, so sorry to hear of Kia's decline. You and Kia will be in my thoughts and prayers. Big hugs to you both.((((Hugs)))
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Absolutely, I know your pain. I was just thinking that might give her a boost emotionally.
    It might. Right now she squirms and has this, 'ugh, so embarrassing' attitude. Stubborn to the end.

It might. Right now she squirms and has this, 'ugh, so embarrassing' attitude. Stubborn to the end.
    Yup, that's dear Kia!
    I've Been Frosted