Thread: Recommendation for dog tag clips

Recommendation for dog tag clips

Hope this makes sense... I'm looking for something to attach my dogs' tags to their collars where I don't have to mess with the stupid 'S' or 'O' rings AND will stand up to rough play and I don't have to worry about it falling off.

I came across the Rubit, which seems to have good reviews on Amazon, but saw that it still implemented an 'O' ring and was wondering if anyone had any experience with these or had recommendations of their own? http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005ST8528/...GP6V8BI7&psc=1

Thank you

facebook

I use the Rubit! It clips onto the O ring on the collar or harness (I use harnesses only, no collars). Very easy to switch from one harness to another. I hav been using them for several years, since back when I had 5 bichons. Currently only 4 in use, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I use the Rubit! It clips onto the O ring on the collar or harness (I use harnesses only, no collars). Very easy to switch from one harness to another. I hav been using them for several years, since back when I had 5 bichons. Currently only 4 in use, lol.
    I haaaaaaaaate dealing with 'O' rings. I was hoping there'd be an easy quick clip fix to just slip the tags on and clip to the collar, but it looks as though all the good ones clip to the 'D' ring on the collar and you still have to slip the tags on through the connected 'O' ring?

facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    I haaaaaaaaate dealing with 'O' rings. I was hoping there'd be an easy quick clip fix to just slip the tags on and clip to the collar, but it looks as though all the good ones clip to the 'D' ring on the collar and you still have to slip the tags on through the connected 'O' ring?
    Have you thought about little nylon tag clips? I bought a few from nearlynakedneckwear.com who makes beautiful collars also, but I don't see them on her website yet (she's just updating it). But they look like this product made by Cetacea:

I don't use mine all the time, but my dogs do have a lot of collars so they definitely come in handy. The ones I have fit on any width between 3/4" to 1.5" collars. :-)

Journey - 2yr old Australian Shepherd
    Ripley - 5 1/2yr old Doberman
    Dance RN CGN FM - 7 1/2yr old Toller

Quote Originally Posted by Jessika View Post
    Well, you only do it once a year per dog, right? New license, take off old one put on new one. Every 3rd year, you also do the rabies tag. I just sit at the kitchen table with all the harnesses and new licenses and make the switch.

The rubit means you can easily switch to different harnesses / collars. Some folks have many collars, for all the holidays and seasons and so forth. I just checks, the tags do NOT fit on the rubit, so you can't use it the other way round.

Changing tags is not supposed to be easy. In most states, it is illegal to remove a tag from a dog -- folks do this and then sell the dog. I know, the collar comes off easily enough, I don't get it either, but that is what I was told, lol.