Thread: Bolognese Benji!

Bolognese Benji!

What a curly cutie you are Benji! You are only the second doggie of your breed we have ever featured as Dog of the Day, so I bet many people will be meeting you as the first Bolognese they have ever seen! It is fun that you are so spoiled - I mean loved - that you get forgiven for eating important worksheets! I know, you know just how to work those big brown eyes to best effect! It is just part of your intelligence and charm! And we know you are a very happy dog, and we hope you have a good, long life with your people!
    I've Been Frosted

Good Morning, Benji!

I saw the thumbnail photo and just KNEW I had to 'meet' you. What a handsome curly fluff you are! And I did laugh when I read you will do tricks FOR TREATS! My boy Willy approves. He wants to SEE the treat, in my hand, before he will do anything, ha haaa.

Shredding is another thing which is very common to both Bolognese and Bichon Frise' canines. No paper is safe, tissues, paper towels, even the toilet roll. When Willy arrived here, we had to move the toilet roll up out of his reach.

I volunteered with a bichon frise' rescue, and I've had 10 bichons in 7 years. I was so pleased to see some of your baby photos included in your story. The puppy coat is such a different texture from the adult coat. Since my fluffs are all rescues, I've never had a bichon puppy. Look at how fluffy you are in those photos!

Please give some snuggles to your human for taking the time to share you with all of us. Have a wonderful day, Benji!

Benji

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    You are so handsome, and smart. Doing only
    what you choose to do. People should have to pay for
    you to do tricks.
    If those are all of your Christmas presents in the one picture,
    you are a very lucky dog, as it should be.
    Have a great special day.

You're a cutie Benji!!! It must be hard work keeping those worksheets in order!

Congrats on being DOTD! Have a fun day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Adorable Benjji!

Hi Benji! Happy Dog of the Day to you! What an adorable "curly cutie" you are! At first glance I thought you might be a Bichon (close but no cigar), but no, you're a rare (at least here in the U.S.) Bolognese! Yes, you certainly are awesome, and no doubt everyone lucky enough to meet you does fall hopelessly in love! Who could resist? You're irresistible! And what a smart boy you are, refusing to do "tricks" for you humans unless treated, hehe. But when it comes to "smarts," nothing beats your ability to raid your humans' wallets, though "organizing" those worksheets comes in a close 2nd!

You certainly are one extra special, much loved, spoiled pup (cue the Christmas gifts photo, hehe), and deservedly so! Your family is one lucky bunch, having you as their protector, their best friend, their loyal and loving companion for life!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Hope you enjoy a very happy, fun filled Dog of the Day bash, being spoiled rotten (with no tricks required)!
    Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, adorable Benji, our very special and most deserving "top dog!"

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Hi Benji. You certainly are a cute little curly-Q. I enjoyed reading about you and how you are "related" to other breeds too. And you know how to clean out a wallet????? I don't know if that means you find ways for your people to spend money on you, or if you really do get into them and do what you do to the worksheets.

Your curly coat is awesome, and I think you were just as adorable when your hair was straighter too. You look terrific either way.

Congratulations on your big day today - as PT's special DOTD. Hope you're being treated royally and having lots of fun.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Congrats on being Dog of the Day!
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)