Thread: Cooler weather and your pets!

Cooler weather and your pets!

Do your pets tend to act differently in cooler weather? Fall is getting here, up here anyway, I know some of you are still feeling summer temperatures, though I was thinking how bouncy our Saint Bernards would get when at last the hot weather was over with ... and I know some kitties tend to get even more cuddly ...

Just curious!

Miss Hoppy disliked VERY hot weather, otherwise didn't seem to care much about the temperature.
    I've Been Frosted

As you said, we are still having summer temps here in California. But I will pay attention and see how they act.
    Jax seems to be wanting more attention since Zoee is gone. But it could just be my perception of missing her myself. He also lays on the bed where she used to lay.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Oh yeah - all of the furkids love this cooler weather - and they romp and run around like crazies.

The inside kitties don't seem to be affected much by the change, but Jen's outside kitties love it. Chewy races up to Wolfy at full speed, takes a swipe at him, then makes a mad dash up a tree. He's forever hiding in the shrubs when I take Wolfy walking, and he charges seemingly out of nowhere, and scares the daylights out of me. Wolfy loves the cooler weather too - he races around like a silly goof when we go out now.

Sparky loved the cool weather, but the summer before he passed on, was extremely hot and it really took it's toll on him - even being inside most of the time with the a.c. on. The humidity and heat when he had to go out, was the worst thing possible for a CHF patient. I often wonder if it had been a cooler summer in general, if he would have lived longer. He'll be gone 2 years on this Thursday - Oct 9th. Still miss that silly little clown so much.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

My dogs tend to play chase more as it cools off.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Mine eat more.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Blog Entries
    Our cat Mia eats a lot more too and is more active. She does the flop and drop in the heat, barely moves.

I, by the way, get gleeful, and Paul huddles for warmth under another sweatshirt!
    I've Been Frosted

We've had rain for two weeks now -- one acts as though it were a nice summer day and the other seeks out the coziest warmest spot she can find and huddles under blankets-- and that one is the 2 yr old. My other wee one acts the same as if we were in mid summer and she'll be 15 on Halloween. Both doing well and the older one has spurts where she wants to chase a ball, then she needs her rest. Still loves her daily walk even in the rain... the temps have dipped to O a few times but the norn right now is always in the single digits. Summer is definitely over.
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----

I was out at the "old homestead" today, and remember how Gracie, our Great Dane, was so convinced rain would dissolve her delicate self (Gracie being 145 lbs, 3/4 Great Dane, 1/4 Lab) that when would dance anxiously on the top of the porch when she needed to piddle on a rainy like today, and finally when she simply couldn't hold it any longer, dash down the stairs across the driveway and piddle on the first patch of grass she hit! She would than sprint back up the stairs to the "safety" of the porch. Temperature didn't bother her much, but rain was just terrible, awful stuff!
    I've Been Frosted