Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Don Juan, my beautiful baby boy 1999-2014

Don Juan, my beautiful baby boy 1999-2014

Those of you on Facebook know about this, but my sweet baby boy Don Juan passed away on the evening of September 23. He had been suffering some age-related issues for a few months, but he went downhill VERY dramatically the last two days. I'd made an appointment to have him PTS, but he died the night before.

I adopted Don Juan from the old Santa Clara Valley Humane Society in May 2001. He had come into SVHS as a stray, and their best estimate was that he was about a year and a half old. He gave me a kiss. After a few days for the Humane Society to render him incapable of BEING a Don Juan, he came home.

And, for the 13.5 years after that, he was my friend and companion. He prompted me to leave a problematic boyfriend in November 2001, cheerfully (more or less) accepted his sister Zerlina in May 2005, and two step-kitty-siblings in 2010. He was Cat of the Day on Bastille Day 2003, and celebrated by catching a mouse in the yard!

Our family has had a difficult time in the past few months, but we finally got ourselves in a good place last month... and he started to decline. Only ten days before he passed, he could still do this:

I took this one two days before he passed. I could still see the love shining in those beautiful celadon eyes.

He gave me one last sandpaper-tongue kiss. And then he was gone.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado

((((HUGS))))) and more (((HUGS)))

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Rest in peace!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh my, I am so sorry!

RIP Don Juan
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Precious boy, you will never be forgotten.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. I hope that Don Juan will send you a special sign to let you know that he is happy and healthy again.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, Don Juan, what a beautiful boy you are, with so much love in that sweet face. Rest in peace, dearest fellow, healthy and whole again at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel now. What a wonderful 13 1/2 years you have shared with your loving and beloved Mom! Love is eternal, and you are together always.

Please send some purrs down to the heart of your Mom, to tell her that all is well and you are with her always, and you will be there to welcome her Home... One Fine Day.

To Don Juan's Mom and Zerlina and your step-kitty-sibs and all who love and miss and grieve him, my deepest sympathy. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

God bless you all.

Last edited by phesina; 10-08-2014 at 09:42 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so sorry for your loss! He had a wonderful life with you and knew how much he is loved. It is just so hard to let them go! Prayers on the way for you both.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am so sorry for your loss. Don Juan was such a special boy and so very loved. Rest in Peace dear one and let your mommy know you're OK
    Yours in Whiskers

I'm not young enough to know everything.

"The Best Mirror is an Old Friend"

“The secret of what is small is the secret of clear-sightedness; the guarding of what is soft and tender is the secret of strength.”

• Lao Tzu

What a wonderful, wonderful kitty Don Juan was! His eyes are lovely. {{{hugs}}}
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Rest in peace Don Juan.

Starting life as a stray, landing in a PT home and living a wondrous life, Don Juan had a guardian angel watching over him. Then his HuMom took over and continued ensuring a great life. I know how difficult it is to lose a family member. My condolences.

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a handsome, sweet boy.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

I am so sorry to read about Don Juan. I know he loved and was loved very well. He is now happy, healthy, and waiting for you at the RB.

Until you meet again

I know how loved Don Juan was. What wonderful memories you must have of him. Hugs to you.