Thread: Beautiful Daphne

Beautiful Daphne

What a pretty, delicate girl you are Daphne, and although you maybe have started your life on the rough streets, there is no doubt you are Papillon, I wouldn't be surprised if you were purebred! Those "butterfly ears" are unmistakable, and we do not blame you for being a very scared pup when you first met your new mom! Being skittish and wary is likely the only reason you survived the streets, after all! We are glad she couldn't resist you, and now you can be the beautiful, love princess of a dog you were always meant to be! And laps ARE the best place to be, and unlike some doggies (ahem, Angel) you even fit nicely there! We loved bejeweled name tag even! Congratulations on your big day, little one!
    I've Been Frosted

Daphne

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    What a beautiful girl, even if you aren't smiling.
    You are much loved with all of your outfits, a red, blue and pink one.
    Maybe more than that. You have plenty of toys and best of all
    you are now LOVED.
    I'm sure you and your Mom will celebrate your very special day.

Blog Entries
    So glad to hear that you kept Daphne and that you are now a family. She really is a wee looker eh! Simply lovely to behold, we are charmed by all her photos!

Daphne is such a doll!!!! I absolutely love her, and like Karen said, she does look fully Papillon. And she's a perfect lap-dog size although you couldn't catch her smiling, I love the 'full alert' look! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous baby with us!
    Owned by my baby and heart-dog Lolli.

If each pet we love takes a part of our heart and replaces it with a part of theirs, my heart is a very strange collection of pieces, but I wouldn't have it any other way

Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go, and then do it. --Ann Landers

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    WOW Daphne - that is quite a story of your very early life. You must have been one tough little cookie to survive all that you did. I'm so glad that your Mom found you, and worked with you to overcome all of those fears and bad memories, and to help you become the happy little girl that you are today. Your pictures just radiate your personality and sweetness. I love the one of you in the pink harness, and you do have a little smile that I can see in that picture. The one of you sleeping on the back of the sofa (?) is another favorite - you look so content. I'm sure that your Mom will make this special day, even more special than it already is. Enjoy your DOTD status - you certainly deserve it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

Oh My Goodness! You sweet little girl Daphne! What an adorable dog you are! Obviously your human is a loving patient person and it paid off with you Daphne. It must have been very scarey for you to live on the streets. I am so glad you have a forever home. All of your photos are just wonderful with your ears and hair flying. I hope you have many more happy healthy years with your family. Congrats on being DOTD!

Brave, beautiful Daphne!

Hi Daphne! A very happy Dog of the Day to you!!!

What a beautiful girl you are, Daphne, a fighter, a atrue survivor! I can only imagine the strength and courage it took for a dainty, delicate little girl such as yourself to survive your entire early life on the mean streets! But miraculously, somehow you did, and thankfully Papillon Rescue found their way to you in time! And while you came through relatively unscathed, physically, those emotional deep scars would require some extra, EXTRA loving care; your mommy's deep, emotional scars as well. And so, how fitting it was that two wounded spirits in need of some comfort and a whole lot of healing, would meet! It took a bit of time for you to learn to love and trust, to welcome a human's touch. But thanks to your Mom's unwavering commitment, her unconditional love, you did!!! And just look at you now, Daphne, the very picture of one happy, confidant, life loving pup! What a wonderful team you and your Mommy make, Daphne! You and she were destined to be as one, best friends and soul mates, for life!

Thanks to your dear Mom for sharing your inspirational, heartwarming story with us, and those precious pics! (We don't need to see you smiling, to see how happy and loved you are!) Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, sweetheart! I hope you'rE enjoying a very happy, fun filled day of celebration, being treated to all your BIG heart desires and more! Long and happy life to you, beautiful, brave Daphne, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    What a pretty, delicate girl you are Daphne, and although you maybe have started your life on the rough streets, there is no doubt you are Papillon, I wouldn't be surprised if you were purebred! Those "butterfly ears" are unmistakable, and we do not blame you for being a very scared pup when you first met your new mom! Being skittish and wary is likely the only reason you survived the streets, after all! We are glad she couldn't resist you, and now you can be the beautiful, love princess of a dog you were always meant to be! And laps ARE the best place to be, and unlike some doggies (ahem, Angel) you even fit nicely there! We loved bejeweled name tag even! Congratulations on your big day, little one!
    Thank you for your kind words about Daphne. I love her very much.

Daphne

Thank you all for your wonderful response to Daphne. She is a brave little girl and I love her with all my heart.
    Xoxo
    Daphne's mom

Quote Originally Posted by Cecilia View Post
    Thank you all for your wonderful response to Daphne. She is a brave little girl and I love her with all my heart.
    Xoxo
    Daphne's mom
    Aww, you're welcome! She is so precious!
    I've Been Frosted

Pretty Daphne! This picture of you gives me a huge smile! I can guess how happy people are to see you when you come to work with your person!

You might be petite but you are a big survivor girl! You look very nice in your different colored Puppia vests, too- the blue, red and pink! Happy Dog of the day to wonderful Daphne!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a precious little dog heartwarming story-- form rags to riches and now DOTD. Enjoy your day Daphne, you sure deserve it after that rough beginning. Love her colouring and those huge ears, and of course her lovely little harnesses... she has quite an assortment but every colour seems to suit her well..... very photogenic little princess... Happy DOTD and I hope your family will spoil you in every possible way .
    Asiel

I've been frosted--- thank you Cassie'smom

I've been Boo'd----