Thread: Beloved Banjo

Beloved Banjo

Oh, Banjo - you knew you had to yowl that day at the hardware store, when your new family appeared! They may not have realized it right away, but you needed a home, and they needed you! I am guessing you have some Maine Coon in your family tree with that dense, thick, coat - and you are a Maine kitty anyway! I bet it felt so nice to be brushed gently again. And we are glad your family noticed the changes in your scar, and we hope you stay cancer free for years and years to come! Have a fabulous day, handsome boy, and maybe some extra petting will come your way! You are a Cancervivor! Long may you stay that way!
    I've Been Frosted

Banjo is a lucky cat and I hope his new owners get to enjoy his company for a long time to come. I have always adopted older cats and even though sometimes this means a shorter time to enjoy them, it also means being somebody's hero! There's nothing like spoiling some older guy who has been having a rough time of it, and I think Banjo is going to get very spoiled now. Everybody wins.

Brave, beautiful Banjo!

Dear Banjo~ What a beautiful, love filled, heartwarming tribute your dear Mom and Dad have shared with us all. Reading of your homecoming, your happy new life; your parent's unconditional love and commitment and your indomitable spirit, are truly an inspiration to us all. As so many of us here can attest to, the rewards we reap from going the rescue route, opening up our home and hearts to an adult or a senior, a special needs kitty, are immeasurable. And while the circumstances that lead you to your homeless state may forever remain a mystery, there's no doubt you were one much loved kitty in your former life, and will, for now and always, be loved unconditionally by your forever family. I have to believe there was a higher power, leading your parents back to you, visit after visit, knowing that one day soon you would be in need of some extra special care! We can't thank your family enough for doing all in their power to help heal you, and finger crossed that you will continue to test negative, that you and your family will know many, many more wonderful years of shared love and companionship!

Great thanks to your wonderful family for sharing your very special story with us, sweetheart! You are one brave, beautiful boy, and so very worthy of your Cat of the Day honors! Wishing for you and your family a very special day, Banjo, celebrating your well earned day of honor...your life!

Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Banjo, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Precious Banjo, senior kittyzen! Your story has me laughing and crying at the same time. I hope and pray that you will be cancer-free for a very long time to come! I smiled as I read about how easily you adapted to your new home, bringing your people so much companionship, love and satisfaction . You are beautiful and I would love to gently pet your soft fur. I'm sure your people will give you some extra petting and lovies for me

Happy Cat of the Day to you, wonderful Banjo! I agree completely with what Mayor Karen has said:
    You are a Cancervivor! Long may you stay that way!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Banjo, what a gorgeous, beautiful kitty you are, and what a wonderful love-filled story your Purrrson has to tell about you! You have such pretty brown-tabby-and-white colored fur that looks like it's so soft to the touch, and what a sweet face you have, with those lovely eyes so full of peace and contentment. I wish I could reach through the screen over to Portland, ME to pet you! But since I can't, I know your loving and beloved Meowmie and Pawpie will pet you lots for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You recognized your Purrrents right away when they came into the hardware store, and you made sure you got their attention. Then it was only a matter of time for them to sign the adoption papers and take you HOME. We're so glad they noticed the changes in your scar and took you to the vet, who fixed you up. We hope you stay disease-free from now on! You like to help your Purrrents solve puzzles and watch TV and be brushed by them. They are so happy and grateful you chose them to be your new Purrrents. You all love each other very much, don't you! What a wonderful love-filled home you share.

Congratulations, darling Banjo, on being selected today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your Meowmie and Pawpie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine day of celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

What a Lucky Cat you are Banjo to be a Mature Cat whose new family saw beyond the surface and realized what a Great Loving Cat Companion you would be , and then to stick with you when you had your operation for cancer when many people would have given up on an older Cat.
    And you will continue to reward your family the only way you can with your loyalty and love.

We Found Hotel Cats are especially proud to make you our New Friend , we wish we could all come and bring you toys and treats and all run around and play.

We are all MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWING For You Banjo, and Our Dad says that he would love to have you Banjo on his Knee,
    Congratualtions Banjo and Family on being Our Newest Cat Of The Day.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Blog Entries
    I had a good cry as well reading about Banjo, his story and his wonderful new family. Seems Banjo got dealt a bit of a weird hand but has played his cards expertly! Here's to Banjo and his wonderful peeps, wishing you lots of time and and a wonderful future together. I guess I'm officially a sentimental old coot now

Blog Entries
    I forgot to say Banjo is so very brave and smart and I love her two different colored eyes. A very unique cat 4 sure! The best.

Hello Banjo, it's a pleasure to meet you. What a handsome boy you are! I am so glad you were adopted. You've had a bit of a rough life, haven't you, but now you are with people who love you and will care for you. I am sorry you have health problems and hope that you live many more years. Congrats on being COTD!

Lucky Banjo

What a beautiful story and how fortunate for all of you. Hugs and kisses to you, Banjo. May you have many more happy years with your loving family.

Hey dear Banjo, only ONE look at you and your gorgeous eyes, it was enough to make me fall in love head-over-heels
    Happy Dat of the Day sweety!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Blessings to you Banjo that you remain in good health for many, many years to come and blessings to your purrents for loving you and taking such good care of you!

Congratulations to you dear Banjo on being COTD. What a handsome and totally charming lad you are and most deserving of this honor. You sure knew how to pick the right family when you yowled at them that day You're a lucky one! God bless them for adopting you and giving you such a wonderful, loving home. We've adopted multiple older cats over the years. While kittens are so cute and full of fun, there is a very special feeling associated with adopting an older cat (especially one who's been through some rough times) into your home and giving them a warm, loving place to spend all the rest of their days.

Hope you have been enjoying every minute of your special day of celebration and international stardom. Best wishes to you and your family. May you be blessed with many more happy and healthy years together.

Congrats on being COTD handsome Banjo!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

GOD BLESS you dear Banjo and your wonderful owners for adopting you