Thread: What - Secret Service Brouhaha

Blog Entries

What - Secret Service Brouhaha

so...the secret service director resigned. I have never heard or seen a more pathetic attempt at damage control in my whole bloody life. pathetic, all better now. AS IF

Blog Entries

?

Leaving yourselves WIDE open to criticism and no one appears to be protecting the President WTF!

I moved this to The Dog House. In my opinion, from what I have heard, a lot of people need to be fired amongst the White House Secret Service.

Clean sweep, and get some Marines, Army or other service folks in temporarily to protect the White House, grounds and First Family.

Shutting off necessary alarms because "they are annoying? - fire that person.

Neglecting to lock a door that allows access to the White House - fire that person.

I would go down the list ...
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    I moved this to The Dog House. In my opinion, from what I have heard, a lot of people need to be fired amongst the White House Secret Service.

Clean sweep, and get some Marines, Army or other service folks in temporarily to protect the White House, grounds and First Family.
    Can't, military personnel cannot be used as LEOs in the US.

Shutting off necessary alarms because "they are annoying? - fire that person.

Neglecting to lock a door that allows access to the White House - fire that person.

I would go down the list ...
    There are so many levels of bureaucracy that the Secret Service deals with in regards to the White House (national parks, national historic commission, DC parks....ad nauseum) it's a wonder any of them stay sane.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

Found this on the Secret Service Web site: "The mission of the United States Secret Service is to safeguard the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems to preserve the integrity of the economy, and to protect national leaders, visiting heads of state and government, designated sites and National Special Security Events. "

I thought the Secret Service was exclusively charged with keeping important people safe. I didn't realize they had the responsibility for finances and payment as well. Maybe those should be two different departments of the government.

Because of the fire last week at the FAA center outside Chicago, they are having the President come through the Gary, Indiana airport which is really not that far from the south suburbs of Chicago. I think that's a good idea. Closer to his home. He's arriving tonight, attending a fund raiser for our governor's (who is a Democrat) re-election campaign and then he's speaking at Northwestern University tomorrow. So they will have to transport him a couple of times. It's a pain because they close the roads along his route, but there's no other way to keep him safe as he goes from place to place.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

LEOs = acronym explanation, please!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    so...the secret service director resigned. I have never heard or seen a more pathetic attempt at damage control in my whole bloody life. pathetic, all better now. AS IF
    I have always 'loved' the knee jerk reactions to crap like this. People are 'allowed' to resign in order to escape any kind of punishment or attempt to fix the problems that happened under their reign?

That said?

Another sacrificial lamb is pulled from the ranks and has to go about changing the 'system' to prevent people from jumping the fence - while the focus is put on that kind of intruder - people looking at making an attempt on the white house just have to send a group of people over the fences around the perimeter and while the SS is worrying about them? they will go about invading the WH grounds in another way.

------

It's like having a water hose burst on your car engine.

If you replace that one hose and ignore the pressure that new hose puts on the older ones in the system?

You are going to find yourself on the street waiting for a towtruck in the near future.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Law Enforcement Officer?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

LEOs = acronym explanation, please!
    Law Enforcement Officer.

Due to various statutes, US Military personnel have no authority when dealing with civilians. That's why we have rent-a-cops guarding the entrances at military bases. Instead of changing the laws, Congress found it easier to give the jobs to contractors and line their "campaign" funds.
    The one eyed man in the kingdom of the blind wasn't king, he was stoned for seeing light.

It seems very foolish not to lock the front door of the White House when it's best practice to keep YOUR own front door locked!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Quote Originally Posted by smokey the elder View Post
    It seems very foolish not to lock the front door of the White House when it's best practice to keep YOUR own front door locked!
    And give everyone that needs to come in a key one a piece of string - so they can keep it around their necks?

Latch Key Politicians?