Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Evil Spammers in the world

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    [QUOTE=momoffuzzyfaces;2511978]Is this spam? I just got it this morning. Thanksgiving is long over with!!!

"As Thanksgiving nears we want to advise you that our online shop has an order addressed to you. You may pick it in any store of Target.com closest to you within four days.

Please, open the link for full order information.

Always yours,
    Target.com "

I have never ordered from Target in my life. Well, I did order some cat food from Amazon.com almost a year ago. It was shipped from a Target store in Texas. The wording of this seems odd to me. Besides we have no Target store here or any where close to here. Sounds phishie to me. sheesh

Not gonna click on the link just in case![/QUOT

************************************************** ************************************************** **************

I got one similar to this in my morning mail. It was from Walgreen's, and I had an e-gift waiting at the store. Just click the link for instructions on how to retrieve it.

Yeah - sure. And did you know too, that pigs fly?????????????? I should stop by the W in town next time I go by there, and ask them where my gift is. Gee - wouldn't you think that they would have called my phone, or just snail mailed it to me, since they have that info on file in the pharmacy department?????
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

To all of you! Whatever great offers you get from ANYONE, don't ever open the link. If you feel unsure about something, look up the company, give them a ring and ask!

Once you click on a link, they'll know the e-mail address is valid.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Another thing to be cautious of: a link that supposedly comes from someone on your contact list. This is often malware. Contact them with a fresh email and ask if they sent it; if not advise them to change their password. My account gets hacked if I don't change may password often enough and I get email like, "did you send me this real estate link?" and it's a big fat NO. And I go change my password!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    I get one every so often, that appears that it is from my granddaughter's other grandmother, since she is on my contact list. It's a strange and bizarre mail and I know it's not from her. I mailed her about it after the first one, but evidently she did nothing about it, since I got another several months later. Oh well...

And opening links - doesn't happen with me. I'm leery about opening ANY - even ones on here - and definitely ones on FB.
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

If something sounds too good to be true - it most likely is not
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Okay, spammers are getting more and more creative - American Idol season is beginning - so now there are ones promising to teach you how to sing, or improve your singing!!!! And more evil options - stopping tintinitus, restoring hearing loss - things medical science either does not know how to do much of the time (for the former) or has so many causes, some completely untreatable (the latter). As Baby Boomers age I expect more arthritis spam to begin to appear ...
    I've Been Frosted

7. My dad has been getting weird phone calls from someone saying "you have a criminal investigation against you. if you do not call back its a federal crime and we will not be able to help you" something to that extent anyway. yet my dad hasnt received an summons. hmmm

What is really funny is, we do still sometimes get junk mail in the "snail mail" form, and Paul got one yesterday that we knew was junk mail before he even opened it, as it was addressed to his actual first name, instead of Paul - which he has used his whole life. But inside the very plain envelope, without any return address, was a piece of paper that clammed they sent it "registered mail, return receipt requested" and was in a badly designed typewriter type font, it look official, I guess.
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, lately, I have been getting a lot of "iPhone tracking Ap" and similar spam emails, claiming to be able to help people find lost items using their phone. But the person I know who most often loses things loses his phone more often than anything else! An Ap ain't gonna help!
    I've Been Frosted

Big in spam the past couple weeks - solar panel/solar energy promotions.

Do they not do any geographic targeting? With the wether we have had lately, solar panels would be not terribly effective, and if you didn;t install them at a steep angel, you'd have to shovel/brush the snow off every storm!
    I've Been Frosted

Be careful filing your taxes using Turbo Tax. Apparently there have been fraudulent refunds claimed through their web site. Also the hoary old call from the IRS.

I think spammers have started using Pet talk to reach us! I got the following in my email:

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear momoffuzzyfaces,

You have received a new private message at Pet Talk from Supermom21, entitled "Hi!".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
    http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
    We've turned over every rock and reveal the easy-to-follow secret tactics that will guarantee you fetch your own share of the $65 billion dollar pet industry... Starting from scratch on a shoe-string budget. Get to know more on the http://make-money-pets.net.tf

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
    http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/private.php

All the best,
    Pet Talk

I do not know this person and for sure will not open any messages from them. I read this in my email but will delete it off my private messages unopened!!!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi MoFF - I got the same one this morning, reported it to Karen immediately.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Quote Originally Posted by momcat View Post
    Hi MoFF - I got the same one this morning, reported it to Karen immediately.
    And I blocked the user as soon as I saw it, but obviously it was done programatically, so hundreds were done before I could ban him/her.
    I've Been Frosted

Hit them with your ban hammer!